making CO2

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
well for my AP Bio class my first lab is for us to make CO2, no matter what it takes. He said he wants it to be creative so here is my idea. take a bottle/cup of water drop a shitload (yes that is a scientific term of quanity) of antiacid tablets (alka seltzer) in the cup. now in theory CO2 will be emitted as a gas due to the chemical reactions taken place between the water and a tablet.

so now i have to capture this gas so i am going to use a balloon but for it to be creative i am going to make a balloon animal out of the gas.

well now for reality, i just tried the experiment and my balloon wouldn't inflate but i think that is caused by the funnel not having a perfect seal around the bottle.

so i'm asking if you guys think this is a good idea and what other ways you know of how to make CO2.

HCL and marble chips , makes shitloads of it if you use powdered marble chips and high molar acid ,
And loving the whole shitload as a scientific measure sure my chemistry teacher would love me writing that in my exam
as for collecting it we used this but with a upturned large measuring cylinder over the water
WaterDisplace.gif

yeast, sugar, and warm water also works, and is easy. But if you named off a list of chemicals, I could find what would make CO2.

muz i'm liking the idea you gave me. hmmm, all need to do is prove that the gas being pumped into the inverted test tube is CO2 but i an always prove that through a written chemical reaction.

Back
Top Bottom