Water cooling kits

I'll try lol never did before. I'll get back to ya.

Edit: whats your specs btw?

could i run that swift tech water cooling kit with a antec 900 case or is that pointless the way i look at it but i may be wrong is that ill have water cooling plus the assistance of a 200mm fan and a few 120mm fans

Water cooling is loads and loads better than air cooling. The Antec 900 IMO is a very overhyped case, it's good, but not as amazing as everyone says it is. Anyway, water cooling makes a huge difference because basically water can hold something like 8 times as much heat as air can.

i saw on tv that water is 9 times more dense than air
which means that you will, with out a doubt, remove heat alot more effeciently than with just air.
or any liquid for that matter acutally
as long as it is not self constricting or sticky
the more flowing capibility it has the better it is
you could also use cooking oil
one of my older firends tried that
he said that it worked great until the line got a hole in it
we all can see where im going with this

It's all well and good that water can hold a lot more heat energy than air, but you have to remember that the water is going to be cooled by air too, and a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, so they say. Same goes for water cooling kits, so invest in a really good radiator, preferably one big enough to take 2 or 3 12cm fans, and quiet fans for that matter, or it's a pointless affair if noise reduction is your goal.

What's the chipset and CPU you are cooling though? a decent HSF is sometimes more efficient and does a better job than some medium range water cooling kits, such as a £12 Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro, and if your chipset is performing at the FSB you want it to, why change? as the cooling solutions on them seldom make a lot of noise.

Look at my specs, I spent a good £55 on high performance, low noise air cooling equipment, and it's silent at those clockspeeds. So have a price up for high spec air components too just for info.

I'm not meaning to sound as if I'm putting you off, I just want to make sure you weigh up all the benifits against the costs and possible future complications. Water cooling is better when setup with the right, but expensive, gear. But if it's only for the "brag" factor, and minimal performance increase, it would be wise to take cost into account.

All the best!

well the mobo im gonna use is the evga 680i A1 version and the cpu im gonna use is either gonna be a intel core 2 duo E6850 or the core 2 quad Q6600 i do intend on overclocking either as far as i can with out damage or i decent everyday over clock i want to use water cooling to be diffrent and i just like water cooling it looks alot more cooler than just a hsf plus the kit im looking at comes with blocks for the north and south bridge and on that particuarl mobo the tend to run hot

conn in your post u mentioed that air takes place along with water cooling so say if i stuck with my antec 900 case and got a diff radioter that suports up to 3 120mm fans i should have a good set up yes?

Back
Top Bottom