It won't run!

i have two other power supplies i can try. That is if any power supply will work; i mean, are power supplies universal?

Could it be the mobo. Because if it isn't i need to cancel my order for a new one; its like $ 250.

Umm your PSU is definitely failing so just switch it

and its universal unless its like a 20 year old psu

if it was the hard drive, wouldn't i get a bios screne or something? Because absolutely nothing comes up on the screne.

WTF you paid 250 for a Mobo without even asking around to see whats wrong with it? Genius you could have just built a new comp for 250 or buy a better mobo for like 90 bucks

Yeah sometimes if the harddrive fails it turns on and shuts off automatically or it just turns on and doesn't ever post.

hey don't harass me, i'm not a computer geek. I took it to a local repair shop and they told me it was the mother board. they also told me they were unable to get another one. They then tried to sell me a new computer and told me it would be cheaper to buy a new computer then fix mine because there were intragrated cards on the mother board. I then told them that they were lying to me, because i've takin the thing apart and know for a fact nothing is intagrated. i went home, ordered a new board from sony. then i did some of my own research because, as i mentioned, i'm not that knowledgable with computers. after that i figured out that chances are, its not the mobo. that's when i joined this forum, and here we are.....

and how could a build a computer even half as good as the one i'm trying to fix for $250?

thanks for the help guys (or gals). I'm going to try a new power supply and hardrive tomorrow. I'll let the forum know how it turned out.

I merged your double post 'cause that's how I roll.

Please do tell us how it turns out. I really want to know what was wrong.

(P.S. Is the monitor connected? If so, is it plugged in?)

hey don't harass me, i'm not a computer geek. I took it to a local repair shop and they told me it was the mother board. they also told me they were unable to get another one. They then tried to sell me a new computer and told me it would be cheaper to buy a new computer then fix mine because there were intragrated cards on the mother board. I then told them that they were lying to me, because i've takin the thing apart and know for a fact nothing is intagrated. i went home, ordered a new board from sony. then i did some of my own research because, as i mentioned, i'm not that knowledgable with computers. after that i figured out that chances are, its not the mobo. that's when i joined this forum, and here we are.....

and how could a build a computer even half as good as the one i'm trying to fix for $250?

That would have been nice to know the original post.

thanks for the help guys (or gals). I'm going to try a new power supply and hardrive tomorrow. I'll let the forum know how it turned out.

Cool, hope it goes well.

I went through my spare parts and systematically replaced the PSU, Hard drive and cpu. My spare parts could have been bad for all i know. I found a repair shop which i can about %80 trust. The guy running it said that there was still the possibity of a virus. he said there are some realy crazy ones out there; some that can even jump partitions. I explained that i completely changed the hard drive but he said he didn't want to rule it out completely.

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. meantime, i havn't canceled the order for a new mother board but am considering building a new pcu with parts from the desktop that still work.

If anybody has any more ideas on possible problems let me have'em. I'm grasping at straws here. who knows. Maybe my next thread will be "Help me build a new computer."

Wait a Minute! Thelis. Did you just say the monitor has to be plugged in. Maybe that's been the problem the whole time.

But seriously, thanks guys for all the free help you've given me. In return, you all can have my first born. I'm going to run out and make one right now.

Back
Top Bottom