I need your guys opinion

bthacker

Solid State Member
im looking at buying a computer but i need to now wheather or not this is a good buy. i know a little about computers but no anuf to tell if this well be good for a gameing computer. this is the computer im looking at buying.

AMD Athlon 64x2 5600+ Dual Core (AM2)
(1Mx2 L2 Cache 2000Mhz FSB 2.8Ghz)
Asus M2N-E SLI Mother Board
Kingston 2GB (1GBx2) 667Mhz DDR2 RAM
400GB 7200RPM SATAII Hard Drive
GeForce 7600GS 512MB PCI-E Video w/TV Out
Integrated Sound
Integrated Gigabit Lan
18x DVD +/- Dual Layer Burner
No Floppy Drive
17" Black Tower Case 450W PS
(Front USBx2)
Stereo Amplified Speakers
PS/2 Multimedia Keyboard
PS/2 Optical Wheel Mouse

$729.00

you should upgrade the graphics card because that card is really outdated. it isnt good just because it has 512mb of ram. for example my card only has 320mb of ram and its the 3rd best single video card out of all of them out, and in most people's mind the best bang for buck, it is an 8800GTS

That and the power supply, you don't want to depend on the 450W, or any that come with most cases.

ok thanks for the advice. any suggestions on what i should buy for upgrades then for the graphics and power supply

are you buying it from from a site like dell.com or are you building the computer yourself by buying individual parts from sites like newegg.com and tigerdirect.com

he cant he lives in canada, that store is based in alberta. besides he might not know how to build the whole thing. also small computer stores can have pretty good deals.

Back
Top Bottom