New router

i wouldnt want to shell out 140$ for a router, i doubt N wireless would make too much of a difference when it isnt fully supported yet on the router, but maybe a firmware update could fix that later on.

haha no sig for you guys, kinda random but ive never seen a post without the sig line :p

That router looks nice. I love d-link routers. Out of curiosity, what is QoS? I want to think Quality of Service, but that doesn't' seem right...

I need a router though because I need the wireless first of all and I need to split the connection between 4 computers in my house.

The reason it's so expensive is really the Gigabit ethernet. 1000 Mbps or 125 MBPS, as opposed to Megabit which is 100 Mbps or 12.5 MBPS.

QoS is basically like paket prioritization. So you can like make the router put gaming packets more important than just browsing, so if someone is browsing the internet while I'm trying to game it won't really slow it down. I think it does stand for Quality of Service...not quite sure though.

I bought it last night, along with a few CAT6 cables. And a new card reader for my computer, I really needed one for my camera and phone and such.

Back
Top Bottom