E6850 vs Q6600

well im pretty sure were talkin about the 300 buck one with 1000 or w/e fsb

I'd suggest future proover over OC here. My boqrd (well, almost any board with G32/G33.P31.P33/P35/X38) has 45nm CPU support. Unless you wait, I'd get a quad core. If you wait, a cheap Pentium D for now and then you can upgrade. 45nm CPUs with Quad core will beat the old gen.

I'd suggest future proover over OC here. My boqrd (well, almost any board with G32/G33.P31.P33/P35/X38) has 45nm CPU support. Unless you wait, I'd get a quad core. If you wait, a cheap Pentium D for now and then you can upgrade. 45nm CPUs with Quad core will beat the old gen.

wuts 45nm?

Its just a smaller production size, so the chip can run cooler, since the lower you go, the less voltage you need to power it, and also the cheaper it is to manufacturer (being able to put more CPU's on one piece of silicon at a time)

The lower you go though, the more chance you have of electrons starting to jump, causing well... a none working computer part.
They have figured ways around this though, so expect in the next few years 30nm ones, etc.

They're not going to be able to go much lower than 45 nm. A little bit, yes, but as Kage said, the electrons start to jump and it just makes it physically impossible to go much smaller.

Back
Top Bottom