Bought an 8800 :D

Nice card, great brand, you'll love it.

Don't worry about the DX10.1. Talked to a Nvidia rep a while back (some of you may remember the thread I made about it) but they are working on making their current line compatible with it.

maybe they could emulate it with the cpu, with a quad core that would not be a problem at all.

I did have a 320MB version, but took it back to get a 640MB, but my monitor resolution is pretty high. If your running at 1280x1024, it'll be perfect for a while.

I doubt they'll be able to make 10.1 completly compatable with current cards, just like with shader models 2 and 3 on current Direct X 9 cards. Doesn't seem as big of an update though.

well with his P4 no way will he be able to play it ;), same deal with my dual core, i love it but i wish i had a C2D pretty bad,
yea i know :( I plan on upgrading to a C2D or a quad core around Christmas time though so I only have to wait a month or 2 after it's release. I'll just be happy that I will be able to play my current games without most of the lag.

kage said:
I did have a 320MB version, but took it back to get a 640MB, but my monitor resolution is pretty high. If your running at 1280x1024, it'll be perfect for a while.
Yea I'm running 1280 X 1024 so it should be fine. That and I don't mind dropping to 1024X768.

I guess if you have a good LCD that does good downscaling, its not a problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom