Video Files show up as a green screen.

VirtualDrone

In Runtime
Okay so when i try to play a video file on windows media player it shows up green but i get sound. I am pretty sure it has to do with the codecs. I did have the divx codecs but that wasn't working so i tried free codecs and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

ive had movie files that have blocks of green and blocks of the video showing...i would have said that the file itself was corrupted or "damaged" if you didn't have the appropriate codes it wouldn't have played

I don't get any blocks of green, It is a solid green screen but i still get audio. I don't think the files are corrupted cause every video file i try to play is like this.

hm maybe im not getting the same problem - but i still get audio when mine screw up - do your music files work ok?

its probably not related at all, but what version of Windows Media Player are you using?

Okay so when i try to play a video file on windows media player it shows up green but i get sound. I am pretty sure it has to do with the codecs. I did have the divx codecs but that wasn't working so i tried free codecs and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

You are using an Nvidia graphics card right? If I am correct their was a bug in some versions of their drivers which caused this during some circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom