E6850 vs Q6600

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
ok now im stuck between these 2 cpus the way i see it there is nothing out right now that supports quad core cpus fully and the E6850 as far as i can see in spupior to the Q6600 except for the fact that its dual core not quad the E6850 is clocked at 3.0ghz and has a fsb of 1333mhz and a 4mb cache the q6600 i belive has the same cache but a lower clock speed and a lower fsb more poeple are recomending the q6600 but i also hear that intel is comeing out with a new quad core sometime in the 08 09 years

Mostly for overclocking capabilities. A higher FSB is harder for the motherboard to handle, so the motherboard will be limiting your OC a lot more.

get quad core!!!! a good cooler and over clock it to 3ghz ive seen it done before not that hard plus even in 2core applications ad will be faster becouse it can still divide the work amoung 4 cores or extream multitasking

Higher FSB is harder for the motherboard to handle, period. A CPU with a lower FSB would overclock higher.

If you don't overclock, a lower FSB would still probably be better. With a higher FSB, you need faster RAM so you're not bottlenecking the CPU.

And as esa said, the new Q6600s overclock extremely well. I've heard you can get about 3.6 GHz on air, that's crazy.

Most motherboards can also run the Q6600 at 1333fsb. It's just harder for alot of cheaper / older motherboards to handle quads at that speed.

Back
Top Bottom