Car Thread!

Well personally I think it's not a good idea to sell yourself something before you buy it. Look at reports on them, how long they last, what kind of actual mileage they get, the quality of the parts, etc. Make sure you test drive and check out lots of vehicles so you can make a decision what suits you best and what all you need or don't need.

For instance...
I ended up getting a Focus after having no idea what I was looking for because it was cheap, and once I drove it I fell in love with it.
I didn't need quality interior parts or super reliability, because I don't really care how the inside "feels" (besides the bucket seats) and I can do 90% of repairs on my own.

Keep an open mind when looking for the right car or you may be disappointed in your decision.

And oh yeah.

I'M GOING TO NOPI NATIONALS ALL WEEKEND!!!! :D
Hopefully I will be back with lots of pics.

w/e i think the 300 looks good and im not using it to race or anything.+ u didn't make a very convincing argument.....
I'm not saying you would use this car to race (any from that class would suck at racing, they're like boats) I'm talking about functionality and abilities. Another reason why I wouldn't think a 300 or any car from that class would make a good car for a teenager is because the gas milage is not very good and it's probably more than a teenager really needs.

I'm not saying you would use this car to race (any from that class would suck at racing, they're like boats) I'm talking about functionality and abilities. Another reason why I wouldn't think a 300 or any car from that class would make a good car for a teenager is because the gas milage is not very good and it's probably more than a teenager really needs.

what should i get that i could do some slap some nice rims on then?lol i no im tlkin bout rims:p

Get something that will save you gas until you are able to afford something bigger/faster, meaning four cylinders. Just look around on Craigslist until you find something.

Get something that will save you gas until you are able to afford something bigger/faster, meaning four cylinders. Just look around on Craigslist until you find something.

i want something rlly nice looking and running at an affordable price ($10 000 or less cdn) like the 300 lol

or an eagle talon

Oh, that sucks for them.

Pups, you should have got the turbo version if you are looking for performance, since it is a completely different motor that can handle a lot more power in stock and built form.

It looks like it has been in a couple of accidents, but if the frame is fine, I would fix the paint and body issues first. It's hard to find a DSM in good condition, at least around here.

It's my first car and I got it from my cousin for pretty cheap. The frame is fine, but I didnt know about the turbo version, hell I didnt know much about a talon when I got it. I'm def. trying to get the paint and body fixed, but it'll cost about 1200 bucks so im savin.

The engine is a pretty good "heat" pump too, which is why I love to get some fenders that have vents on the sides. Kind of like what the M3 has.

You know, I was also pondering of an aftermarket K&N filter. But what I hate most is the oil from it. I hear that the MAF or throttle body can have some of that sticky gunk after awhile when using a K&N or TRD filters.

But as far as exhaust goes, I like to settle on the Japanese Tanabe exhaust system. They have these great looking tips. All it is, is the muffler, that's it. Not much of an exhaust system if you ask me, and it's $700. I don't know if I'll ever get them because of the cost, but it sounds really good. It's similar to the TRD exhaust systems, but suppose to be better quality.

Took 3rd place for custom Focus at NOPI!!! :D :D :D

:D

Haha.
Unfortunately, my alternator fried up there and my 4th cylinder isn't firing any more, so I barely made it home. Add another $100 to my $300 repair/maintenance list. Also when I got home I found out my keyboard is broken.

And I've been running a K&N for a while and no probs with that. :)

I'll probably be back with some pictures as soon as my friends upload the good ones. They don't make hard drives big enough for all the pictures we wanted to take, but you can only do so much. We got a lot of great ones, and also some video from the drift finals.

It's a tradition at our meets for me to make a Vin Diesel pose in front of a riced out car, one time it was an Aveo, so the other guys convinced me to do another Aveo shoot, but this time with a GM Racing one with like uber horsepower and a hottie. So here you go.
ohsnapmang.jpg

Back
Top Bottom