Sell my car?

2002 Honda Civic SI.

Lowered 2'', 40 weight lopro tires and brushed aluminum rims that get pitted with the de-icer they used on the highway.

I'd personally keep the Civic, better on gas than an SUV. Would much rather have it than my old beat up '92 Ford Tempo, but then I probably don't want anything newer in the high school parking lot...someone puts a small dent in it I probably wouldn't notice. I wouldn't get an SUV unless you will use it a lot for a use rather than just driving to and from school most of the time.

As long as mommy and daddy still pay for gas your options are open for anything. But if they don't pay for gas i would suggest a newer Honda civic or any other import

i wouldnt because the SUV probably sucks up more gas, you will pay much more for it in the long run.
you should get one of these ones, older model of course though, unless your parents are willing to shell out a lot of money
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/santafe/santafe.aspx
my mom's friend has one and she lives on a hill that is VERY steep and gets very icy in the winter, that things crawls up and down that just as good as there 4x4 truck

hooray for Dirt Roads!:D (I live on one too;))

Back on topic, I don't know though dude...it sounds like a tough decision

Keep your car if you like it, just get some winter tires for it and drive it in the winter.

I re-did it, because I rushed the origional post because I was in school. Here is the full situation..

Hey, a lil about me, im ArrizX from computerforums.org where I moderate with 14,000 posts, and i'm a major enthusiast of (obviously) computers, car audio, and cars themselves.

As of right now, I have an Ep3. For those of you who don't know, that is a Honda civic SI. My particular year is 2002, with 57k miles. As of now, its dropped on Skunk2 coilovers, Has Konig 17'' rims, and AEM cold air intake.

Pic..

IMG_1884.jpg

Anyways, you can kinda see where I live- On a hill. First of all, my EP lives on a dirt road. Not cool. Second, its a DD so it gets beaten pretty bad. Just last week someone rubbed against my bumper at the school parking lot. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed, and that made me want to say screw it, and get something more pratical.

Because now, I cant drive my car in the winters here; for various reasons. And anything else I want to do, being major things, I usually cant with my car. I mean I went to the Gorge (I'm in washington btw) for a Nickelback concert. First dad said I couldnt take my car because its too nice, and my brother said I wouldnt make the drive thru the field. That was the first time I wanted to sell it.

Second time, I went shooting with a bud of mine, and I had to barrow my uncles pathfinder, because my car wouldnt make that either.

Now, I get a lovely ding in the school parking lot... I just think its time for a change.

I have thought it thru alot, and truth be told, I dont need to sell the car, because sometime in the next week, dad is buying the neighbors 1997 pathfinder. But he said I cant mob it. Pretty much, he got it so he can get rid of his beater car for the summer, and give me something to drive in the winter.

But that aside the point, I still would like to have my own car that wont get beat up etc all the time.

Also, granted i'm in highschool everyone wants me to race and whatever, and thats just not me. So I think an SUV is definitely my style. I think I want to make the swap over.

But like I said before.. I dont NEED too, I just want too. And the only way I can is to sell my car for 14,000 to get the Xterra I am currently looking at.

I want to switch it for a 2002 SE S/C black manual with only 48,000 miles for 14,000 dollars.

But before I tell dad I made the decision to swap over, I want to know what the cons are, and even pros if you guys are willing to throw them out there.

Remember, I dont need to sell my car, and hell I dont even want to. The only reason I would, is for the more praticality, and the thought that later in life I can re-buy the same car, and turn it into a project car, where as with an SUV I wouldnt. I don't have the cash to turn it into a project car, so why not get something that suits my needs now, then have fun with the cars later.

Kinda see my point? Anyways, any pros/cons/tips/opinions/thoughts whatever is greatly appreciated!

It might help saying i'm 16.

Whats EP3 stand for, and you mentioned your car is a DD? What does that stand for?

Sorry, I'm a car guy for sure, I'm just not up on my import lingo.

Edit: Ahhh....DD = daily driver, got that.

Back
Top Bottom