Overclcok question

When i overclock my CPU above 2.24Ghz it will not boot into windows. It freezes into the process of booting into vista. Dose that mean i have reached my limit or dose that mean if i wanted to overclock more i would have to raise my voltage by about um... 0.1v? if i was going to raise my voltage should i wait until i get a better heat sink?

Are you on stock volts right now? If so then you can prob raise the volts a lil' bit.

Also what is RAM:CPU ratio?

Running Prime 95 for about 5min, my average temp is 42C, so i will boost it up again from 2.22 to about 2.3 and then i will be happily overclocked.......until i get a new heat sink

Thats way to low! You have to be running one instances. You need to run 2 prime95 apps to put both cpus at 100%. If your only running 1 your only stressing 50% of the cpu. Bring up your task manager and click on performance and make sure both cpu's are at 100% otherwise your loaded temps are not accurate.

Thelis just curious what all your settings are and how long you stress tested 3.8ghz for? Temps are falling fast in these parts so i'll be going for the max probally next week.

Since were showing in case pictures heres mine with the Zalman9700 installed.

Overheadshotcableslaidout.jpg

ok thanks, after 5min of orthos my CPU temp was at 48-49C. So should i stop my overclocking for now until i get a new heat sink?

ok thanks, after 5min of orthos my CPU temp was at 48-49C. So should i stop my overclocking for now until i get a new heat sink?

5 mins of orthos isn't much man. Look at this summer graph on my overclocking. Temps are high but look at the minimum and maximum difference in temps all at 100% load. You want to run orthos at least 30 mins per overclock. Then when you hit a wall increase the Vcore and see if it makes it stable. If so run orthos for 2hours and make sure this is a stable overclock.

Most people say run 4 hours of orthos after you max your cpu out within your temp range. I only run about 2 1/2 hours of orthos myself. Thats stable enough for me. But anyways heres that graph. Granted now its cooler and I have a higher clock and my max is 58C now because its cooler.

Check out intels website and find the max temp for your cpu. Stop right around that limit when its loaded in orthos. Real programs and games won't tax it nearly as much. When I measured the temps below in orthos the max they got in any game with maxed settings was 52C. Nothing stresses your cpu like orthos or prime95. Thats why I let it climb to 64C here cause I new it wouldn't get nearly that hot in anything else.

Measured with 90F ambient room temps.

Zalman9700LoadedtempsGraph.jpg

Ok, I got everest like you have instead of using speed fan and my idle temps are 45C and load reach 60C so i think i might down clock until i get a new heat sink

I love the way you clean up the inside of ur comp, in the sense that the airflow is excellent without any cable disruptions. Well done! :D

Back
Top Bottom