wireless routers

i do game online but i caint run wired my granparents wont let me its 14 bucks more a month were already paying 69.99 a month i have my build to basicly the max

You may want to double check, but it was likely a 14$ one time fee to run a wire. They wouldn't charge you a monthly rate for having a wire.

ok its a solid 14 buck extra a month no idea why but it is makes no sence cept anopther way for them to make more money so heres the deal i want the best wirelss router and wireless net work card on the makt

ok its a solid 14 buck extra a month no idea why but it is makes no sence cept anopther way for them to make more money so heres the deal i want the best wirelss router and wireless net work card on the makt

Ok so if they are seriously charging $14 extra per month for a wire then just buy a wire and wire it yourself and stay on your wired router. I did that myself and I have 3 connections and I just wired all 3 myself just got a put a hole through the wall.

or you can buy a wired router..which is the same a wireless one except you just use CAT/Ethernet cables instead - its just like a modem and splitter in one - also lets you share hardware such as printers etc

Yeah basically. Just buy a wired router and some ethernet cable. If you really want the best, get this router:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127060
And get CAT6 cable. Not CAT5, it doesn't support the max speeds of the router. To take full advantage of the router, you need CAT6.

So basically, the coaxial (TV) cable will come out of the wall and plug into your modem, the modem will be hooked up to the router with the CAT6 cable, and the router will be hooked up to the computers using CAT6 cables.

OCZ PSUs are decent, but overhyped. They're not as good as most people think they are.

Yeah basically. Just buy a wired router and some ethernet cable. If you really want the best, get this router:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127060
And get CAT6 cable. Not CAT5, it doesn't support the max speeds of the router. To take full advantage of the router, you need CAT6.

So basically, the coaxial (TV) cable will come out of the wall and plug into your modem, the modem will be hooked up to the router with the CAT6 cable, and the router will be hooked up to the computers using CAT6 cables.

OCZ PSUs are decent, but overhyped. They're not as good as most people think they are.

Yeah and I donno I have been using my Dlink DI 604 E router which is like the cheapest of the cheap as far as wired routers go and I have not had a single problem with it in 3 years. My download and upload speeds still peak at the speed my IP says they are (1Mbit up/10Mbit down) but yeah make sure you don't cheap out on wire though I seen some crappy ethernet cord and they can crack along the cable and slip off at the connection and just plain not work at optimal speeds.

Back
Top Bottom