lap top vs desktop

Yeah, I find with my sister's laptop it's always out of batteries so it's tethered to the wall all the time. So much for "portability," lawls.

yeah, and like you can get the best laptop out there, but desktop just has that power. the extra umpgh (I destroyed that word didn't I?)

I took care of your post dude_se. Hope you don't mind.

I prefer my desktop, but my VAIO lappy is very powerful and useful for school.

I think the bottom line is this: What is better depends on what you are going to do on the comp. If you game, then a desktop is better for you, if you want to carry your computer around with you then...
umm i dont exactly know what was wrong with it, but tbh im too tired to care, and as long as i dont find out im sure it will be fine

Mobility for laptops. They run hot, but never overheats, unless playing with it on a rug. Pitty for whom does that. Less power needed. QUIET. Space saving and can be powerful as a PC, depending on config.

Desktops are the best for upgradability, but are big, and not so mobile.

IGM or I Go Mobile
IGS or I Go Stationary.

umm i dont exactly know what was wrong with it, but tbh im too tired to care, and as long as i dont find out im sure it will be fine

Lol, you made a double post cause of your internet and I removed it.

but who wants to game that much on a laptop anyway.

Despite the fact of getting less performance, I know several people who would get a laptop over a desktop to game on. One guy I know got a Dell XPS notebook specifically to game on... Laptops are the new fad, everyone needs to have one as their main system, desktops aren't cool anymore to most people, though they don't seem to understand the price/performance deal. That being said, if I could only have 1 computer I would get a notebook because I don't game much, and I do use it for portability every now and then. And my room's got too much junk in it for my desktop (junk that can't leave my room according to the parents).

yh i suppose so, but still, serious gamers seem to be sticking to desktops
oh and thelis, was that it lol.
i thought you meant you edited like my whole post and changed a load of stuff. lol :p

you did good, have some rep if it will let me ;)

in my personal opinion, there is really only one lappy out there that can give a desktop a run for its money. the Alienware Aurora mAlx. It has a 19 inch widescreen monitor, DUAL 256 MB graphics cards, up to 2 GB RAM and up to 400 GB of hd space.

http://www.alienware.com/product_de...ysCode=PC-LT-AURORA-M-ALX&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

note that it is only an opinion that this lappy is the best... others may say differently... i think it is the best.

I Think that the two are in-comparible. A Laptop can be taken most places, and are Relitivly, not as powerfull as a desktop PC. A Desktop is Relitivly Powerfull compared to the average Laptop, but isnt easy to transport...

Oh, and my Friend has JUST (yesterday) got a Dell XPS with 4GB Ram, a High-End C2D, and (i think) SLi Graphics. Like 4 times better than my DESKTOP.

Back
Top Bottom