Wirelessly connected to the internet!

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
W00T. I'm using dialup and now I'm wirelessly connected to the internet with WiFlyer! I ordered it from J&R on Saturday and it was shipping Monday and flew into the airport here and arrived today (Wednesday). It was pretty easy to configure - I just opened IE and it connected to the router's configuration page and I typed in the dialup details and it connected. :D

damn, i hate dial up. on a bad day when i get 2mb i moan lol. i dunno if i could cope with the 56kb<
glad you got it working though :)

Yeah, I get about 50kbps download on this connection. I love having the convenience of wireless... even if the speed isn't that great, it feels like I'm on high speed. :D

alot of ppl cant get high speed if there in rural areas i kno i cant i have to stick with satillete it sux.

alot of ppl cant get high speed if there in rural areas i kno i cant i have to stick with satillete it sux.
Yeah, and I don't want the price or ping that comes with satellite :p (and if it's as reliable as my satellite TV, I'm better off with NO internet) so I'm stuck with dialup.

Wow. you can actually download @ 50KB/s there? In the UK, with dialup, you download at about 3.6KB/s ¬_¬

Wow. you can actually download @ 50KB/s there? In the UK, with dialup, you download at about 3.6KB/s ¬_¬
yea that seems like a lot. when i was on 576kb i only used to get 80kb/s or so max

50kbps is kiloBITS per second. It only downloads at between 3 and 5kiloBYTES per second. Anyway, I packed up the router and I'm going to sell it on eBay - when I brought it home it only downloaded at about 0.5kb/s and it was unbearable and unreliable. :( Others had the same problem apparently.

Ah, ok. It was the whole DOWNLOAD thing that you said. i know the difference between byte's and bit's (cos i'm cool :p). Thank's.

Back
Top Bottom