wireless routers

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
well srry i havnt been on lately guys ive been in the prossess of moving i just got my internet hooked up its comcast its either a 6 or 8 meg connection and my computer will be in my room and my grampas downstairs and comcast wanted 14 bucks more a month to run some cable up to my room and my gramparents wont pay it the comcast guy said about wireless routers and this is the only choice i have so i was wondering will i notice any speed loss and what about connection qualty and what kind of router is recommended oh my pc will be upstairs

The speed difference isn't noticeable at all. If you're an extreme gamer, you won't want wireless, but for a casual gamer it doesn't make that much of a difference.

The Linksys WRT54G is probably the best router out there for the price:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124010&Tpk=wrt54g

You'll also need a wireless adapter for your computer if you don't already have one. Here's a good internal one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124115

If you'd rather have an external USB one, I have this and it's awesome for being so cheap:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833130111

well the pc im building is for gaming for instance im using a e6850 cpu a evga 680i mobo a 8800gts 640mb version thats just for starters um the games i play are mostly first person shooters i have no idea what kind of interferance ill have and i dont know what u consider a hardcore gamer im i play everyday almost but not for really long

what is the best FASTEST most realiable wireless router and wireless card adapter thing combo out there im not worried bout price i just want the best

It won't make that much of a difference. Instead of wasting $100+ on a crazy router, just get the WRT54G and spend that money on upgrading your PC.

If you game online a lot and are really worried about your ping, then you'll want to consider having a wired connection.

i do game online but i caint run wired my granparents wont let me its 14 bucks more a month were already paying 69.99 a month i have my build to basicly the max

ok fine ill post my build i think its gonna be a beast

1.antec 900 case

2.OZC gamer xtreme 700 wat psu

3.evga 680i a1 version mobo

4. intel core 2 dou E6850 3.0ghz 1333mhz fsb

5. tuniq tower 120 hsf

6. OZC platnum PC2-8500 ram 4 gig

7. evga 8800gts 640 mb version

8. vantec spectrum fan card

9.logysis liqud plasma blue light kit 12 inch 2 of them

10.AS5

11. samsung sync master 19 inch widescreen 2000:1 contrast ratio 2ms responce time

12.windows xp home SP2

13.logitech g15 usb gamer keyboard

14.logitech g5 usb gamer mouse

15. logitech z5500s speakers

16. a sound blaster sound card undecided on wich one yet

17. razor barracuda head set and mic

theres my build if it aint the best i think its close im spending round 2000 bucks or more and i aint skimping on anyrhing i want the best

Alright you're getting an OCZ PSU it's not the best. I didn't even read the rest.

Anyway, seriously, I guess it's up to you, but I wouldn't waste my money on a super expensive router right now. They use something called 802.11n. It's not an official standard yet, so it's not really very smart to get one until it becomes official.

Back
Top Bottom