would you guyz recommend this...

If you are wanting to play some of the new games coming out like Call of Duty 4, Crysis, whatever, some of the requirements are out for some of the new games, but not call of duty 4 (which is dx9 i believe unlike crysis which is dx10?- correct me if im wrong) But i would recommend waiting until the system requirements are out. But if you are not wanting to play some of the new games coming out the nvidia 7950 GT is good, Iv been told it's better than the 8800? But you don't want bottlenecking , what type of cpu do you currently have?

Don't waste your money on a 7950GT. Yeah it's a good card but I can see that you plan on upgrading to Vista so I am sure you have intentions of using DX10 in the future. Buy a DX10 supported card.

Hmm, the X1950PRO is still worth consideration, but thats a Direct X 9 card.

If you are wanting to upgrade to Vista and so Direct X 10, anytime soon, buy the 8800GTS 320MB at least.

I would suggest the 8600, but thats slower than the X1950, running DX9!

My advice is wait until the game is released to buy a card for it. Then just check out benchmarks to see what you need to play it at your resolution.

Anyway, if you're going to buy a new card, if you're a serious gamer anything less than an 8800 is a waste. The 8600GT gets beat by the 7600GT in some cases, I can tell you right now that card won't do much with Crysis and such. The 7800GTX owns the 8600GTS.

well im not like a serious gamer or anything, but if a game comes out that i like (ex. FEAR) once in a while i will buy it and i need a new video card too and yea i want to upgrade to vista

specs:
stock video card
2gb memory
Pentium d dual core

Back
Top Bottom