Do you think this fan is helping?

Okay,So here is my computer I have no!!! Problems at all with over heating! none
and my cable managment is okay I guess, But my question is this,
i put in my computer that but 80MM Case fan, its blowing towards the back of the computer just like the other 80MM Case fan, but do you think the blue fan will help keep things inside my computer cooler? or should I take it out?

HPIM1353.jpg

-
HPIM1354.jpg

-

umm, well? how would we know? try it with the fan then try it without. If temps are cooler with it in then you have your answer.

Your going to get a lot of vibration running it on the metal of the casing like that. May not be worth it.

Yeah you will.

It might make a little difference but not really, I would hang it like right near your hdd pointing towards it to get air to that? or screw it on the side of your case and have it blow more on the cpu..

The way it looks, if you don't have an air vent at the front there will be little noticing. It'll help the GPU the most.

To be honest its probably just circulating air round inside the case, it needs to be an 'exhaust' fan or something that brings new air into the case

He's got the exaust. He needs an intake.

Actually, I'm looking at it. The exaust is blocked by the airduct. E-machines didn't think properly on this thing. If you can remove it, it owuld help. All you need is to redneck mount the fan into the side grill for an intake.

Yeah, it's not just about blowing on the components as much as you can. You have to sort of plan out the airflow so hot air will be expelled from the case.

Lian-Li cases are really good with that, one of the many reasons I like them so much.

Trivium Nate, that wouldnt happen to be a eMachines T5226, would it?

I have the exact same computer, and I recently put a fan in just about the same area... I can't say I noticed much of an improvement. There always is taking the part that says its a T5226 off.

This thing:
To open up this area:

I'm sure you know how to do this. Also note that 63 C is average for that CPU.. im sure you know that also, but im just reminding you because first time I saw that i was freaked out.. i get 55C in the Bios (about 70% load?? i dont remember)

sorry for the crappy images :/ webcam is having troubles....

EDIT --- I also just noticed something... its not the best idea to have BOTH Legacy and SATA power connectors connected.... I read somewhere it could fry the HD after extended periods of usage...

Back
Top Bottom