Overclcok question

DAMN!!! I could tell that it was big in the pic on newegg, but that thing is like a square foot!! It will fit in my case, but anytime i want to add ram or do anything i will prob have to take it out first. Lol

nice build, i see you have a nvidia motherboard. What are your system specs?

Specs are:

• E6600 2.4 Ghz CPU @ 3.8 Ghz
  • 2 GB Corsair 667Mhz RAM @ 900 Mhz. Timings: 5-5-5-15
  • Tuniq Tower 120
  • Coolmax SLi 600W PSU
  • nVidia EVGA 680i mobo
  • 540 Quatro FX GPU, plus an 8800GTS for gaming.

Who likes my cable management?

Thanks, i was planning on saving up 4 the Zalman, but now i will consider the Tuniq Tower
Have a look at the Zalman 9700NT before you decide.

Who likes my cable management?

It could do with a bit of work. :p

dscf0285smallgc7.jpg

Wow, that is very well done. How did you hide all the PSU cables? I am guessing there is something between the mobo and the side panel right?

Haha. It is great right now, but with all the new hardware coming out next March I am going to overhaul.

-The newest Quad Core
-New 680i mobo, probably A1 model.
-8950GX2 GPU
-2GB 900Mhz ram.

Wow, that is very well done. How did you hide all the PSU cables? I am guessing there is something between the mobo and the side panel right?
The drive cages sit ~25mm (1") inside the side panel, plenty of room for cabling plus the psu is modular so no unwanted cabling.

I also usually remove plugs and drill holes in the case internals if it means keeping wiring out of sight. Using everything SATA helps, no bulky IDE cables, SATA power cabling is smaller too.

;)

When i overclock my CPU above 2.24Ghz it will not boot into windows. It freezes into the process of booting into vista. Dose that mean i have reached my limit or dose that mean if i wanted to overclock more i would have to raise my voltage by about um... 0.1v? if i was going to raise my voltage should i wait until i get a better heat sink?

Haha. It is great right now, but with all the new hardware coming out next March I am going to overhaul.

-The newest Quad Core
-New 680i mobo, probably A1 model.
-8950GX2 GPU
-2GB 900Mhz ram.

dam thesis where is mall the money comin from? can i have some =P

Back
Top Bottom