Old Rig (back):
AMD Athlon64 3500+
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
1GB RAM
XFX 6600GT

New rig (front): See sig

Not Pictured:
AMD X2 3800+
ASUS motherboard (not sure which one yet)
Gigabyte 6800GT
1GB RAM
(no powersupply and no harddrive :D :p)

Thanks thrashshredder, it took a lot of work, but I'm glad I did it.

This is the newest one, added another blue Yate Loon at the back.

900-1.jpg

My new case... better then my last case which was a cardboard box.

It's a gateway case (got an old ass comp from friend and gutted it, had to do a little modification to make it fit ATX PSU and a regular motherboard...

I installed a red fan too... nice

My new build:

newbuild04ge7.jpg

newbuild03iz1.jpg

newbuild01cj2.jpg

newbuild02ti7.jpg

Not the greatest wiring ever achieved, but best I could do. Sliced my thumb pretty good on the Zalman rewiring...my right thumb, I'm right handed so I've been miserable all day. Don't underestimate the Zalman...

I took the Core 2 Duo sticker and put it over the empty firewire thing on the case because it's the only thing I could think of to put on it to make it look better, and it does to me, as opposed to having a place for a firewire cable, but no connector...

I was told to move the HDDs up to the top to get better air to the GFX cards, so i will try that suggestion out sometime soon.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to wire the front audio jacks to the mobo, after about 3 tries I gave up.

Hey Juice you should cut a window in your case, show off the redness!

The Zalman's aren't too friendly, I've cut myself numerous times when I was still using mine.

Moving up the HDD's would help with GPU temps, since there is more direct airflow going to them.

I don't even try front audio jacks. There really needs to be a standard plug for that.

You could try moving your CD drive down a spot and sticking wires in there, or behind the drive mounts. Also, if you can flip the hard drives around, you can hide the plugs better.

mine's ok... I mean, I like that twirling side panel but I like need wow now's
more than mine.
here's a pic when I had no mobo and stuff:

oh uh... that's not dust, its scratch on my desk xD
my camera is low battery so I'll post a pic of it l8tr...

Back
Top Bottom