Official CF WAN party!!

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
This year, on the December 24, we should have a WAN party on CF, with the works. It would be all day, and we would have all sorts of games going (on private servers, so it is just cf members), a teamspeak server set up with channels for all the games, schnelle, bf2, and cs:s tournaments all day, from 8 am to 3 am on Christmas (that is USA time (Eastern), we could change them so its also good in Britain). So, who is in, and wants to run a server. We could have prizes for the top player like becoming a cf privileged (if David approves), ect

and btw, I know that this is like 3 months early, but if we want it to work, we must must plan and get people to host the stuff, and approval, and make sure everyone that wants to be on will be able to.

edit: here is a time schedule:

east coast- 3pm to 3am starting friday the 21st
west coast- 7pm to 7am starting friday the 21st
britain- 12pm to 12am starting on saturday the 22nd

mods- could we sticky this then?

I would, but I have none of those games. maybe add CoD2 or BF2142 and I'm game.

Out of curiosity, if a mod was to win, what would their prize be?

Sounds cool. I mean I can't say for sure if I can do it this far ahead...so I probably can't host, but I could stop in for a while.

As for rewards...I think CF Privileged should be reserved for people who are helpful. Maybe a preset title for winning whatever game or something though?

I might be in for playing a bit of BF2 but I dont think there should be prizes. I'd just leave it as something for fun.

Maybe there could be like a game where everyone who enters puts $5 in a pool to play or something and then the winner gets it? Obviously there would still be free games going on but if there was enough interest for those who want to...

Like if there is a user title that is "2007/08 WAN Party Champ" that the user of such is switched around every year? That would be cool.

im hoping to get cs:s soon so if i do i could but can only play in the afternoon probably cuz we always go to a christmas party on christmas eve....

Sounds like a great idea , i cant say yay or nay 100% obviously this far ahead as anything could happen between now and then , and if i go aaway i wont be able to

I could probably run the CS:S server off my sisters computer. It has Tri-bridged network cards, e6300, 1.5gb and a 8600gt. Stable. I could run the server off it cus she doesn't really use it.

That's not what really matters, the most important thing is the internet connection speed. I can see a lot of members participating, so whoever has the fastest connections should really host it.

You could probably count me in as a dedicated host for at least part of the day. I'm not really going to be on my computer that much on Christmas Eve anyway.

Back
Top Bottom