NEw president!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a sitting duck.
A sitting duck with multiple anti-air and anti-missile weapons (which I imagine are capable of destroying bombs too). yes.
Not 100% sure on that, but if they don't have any defence against missiles and aircraft then it's a very poor design. Which I highly doubt.

what do you mean?
No countries outside of nato have nukes? Pfffff.

not at 20,000 feet, nothing can be launched from a ship to destroy a group of 2 or 4 Super Hornets, and they cant destroy bombs, missiles yes, bombs no.

and name a country that can confirm they have nuclear capabilities

and name a country that can confirm they have nuclear capabilities

UK
USA
Russia
China
France

and those that are widely suspected to have nuclear abilities

India
Pakistan
North Korea
Isreal

More to the point prove that there AREN'T other countries that HAVE nuclear ability and have not declared it!!!

ok there is one i overlooked china, but thats it, india cant confirm either can pakistan, or north korea. and we know irseal doesnt but there close, they claim there research is for power plants though.

ok there is one i overlooked china, but thats it, india cant confirm either can pakistan, or north korea. and we know irseal doesnt but there close, they claim there research is for power plants though.

I dunno india have tested at least on nuke i know off so i think its fairly safe to say they have , thats what makes the conflict in the kashmir region even more tense cos both countries have nukes
well...we did beat them in the 1776-1783 and it was a mutual draw in 1812, though we kinda declared ourselves victorious.

yes but that destroyer is a sitting duck when an F\A-18 at 20,000ft. drops a jdam right on there deck, and our 12 carriers hold more planes than the RAF. they can hold about 70-80 aircraft, thats about 840 planes that we can put anywhere in the world. and we dont need to refuel for 10 years, and the clincher is they can go about 30 knots, thats about how fast you go when you go water sking maybe a little slower, but pushing a 65000 ton warship aint as easy as a single ton boat :)

no non nato force can confirm they have nuclear capabilities, right now there is a very small chance of nuclear war, and the US and Russia is rapidly taking apart there nuclear weapons.
Yeah yours might be able to hold 70-80 aircraft but that makes em realy big and clumsy , and when one gets destroyed you loose so many more planes
And yeah it would be pretty easy to destroy cos of the size , bigger target =bigger probability of hitting it

Someone has watched too much TV and played too much BF2...

People aren't that insan, and I won't think another world war will reoccur.

ok there is one i overlooked china, but thats it
actually 2 non nato countries, as glasseye said

UK
USA
Russia
China
France

edit: and I'm pretty sure india has some, maybe north korea too. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Israel had a few nukes too.

HUH?! thats a destroyer, no way is that the most advanced war ship, it might be the latest but not the best, we have 12(going off memory) nimitz class carriers, the most dangerous warship in the world, it takes almost all 3 of your "regular carriers" to match the fire power of 1 of our "super carriers".

overall the US is eaisly better, the technology advantage is to great. we have SO much more aircaft\tanks\APC's\helicopters\etc. we just dont have enough men to man them all at once.

im sorry but head on head the UK would get annihilated by the US

right, so #i say that HMS daring is the most advanced war ship, in fact that statement is true...

I'll summise the article I was reading, (it's an article from September 2007 engineering and techology magazine releasedby the IET to it's members.
HMS darnig is a clas type 45 anti air warfare destroyer, (yes it's acftually designed to destroy the planes that you sem to think will easily bring it down) -but that's not what makes it the most advanced.

it's the first of a new class of destroyerand it's the first fully integrated fully electric ship (and you thought electricity and water didn't mix!)

everything on the ship is electric -propulsion systems, weapon systmems, and hotel loads,
the ship carries 21 2MW diesel generator sets (generating a maximum of 47MW)
HV switch board service transformers, pulse width modulated drives, 15phase advanced induction motors (rated at 20MW). and eother such electrical power management systems.

the ship also come equiped with rolls royce designed WR21 gas turbines. (induction motors and gas turbines are standard, but in this ship they've chosen to move away from pod designs due to "issues of vulnerability and reliability of bearings"

the main task of the destroyer is providing local area fleet defense, with long range radar and wide defense capability. The ships combat systems also have the capability to control aircraft and co-ordinate anti-air warfare operations of the task force.
The type 45 is equipped with long range weapon systems to intercept air threats, including super agile manouvering missiles with re-attack modes. The principal anti air missile system (developed jointly by france, italy and the UK) will defend the ships from missiles approaching individually or in slavos and is capable of controlling a large number of airborn missiles simultaniously.

the type 45 can also accomdate cruise misile, (such as tomahawks and anti-ballistic missiles.
it can carry helicopters upto the size of the navy merlins (though initially oppperates with lynx helicopters

The combat management ystem and fast data transfer systes on the type 45 integrates the principal anti-air missile system and all weapons and sensors
anyone who can be arsed to read that well done.
and to rudster I say

HUH?! thats a destroyer, no way is that the most advanced war ship,
yes it is, it is curently the most technologically advanced warship, and it's due in service in 2008. Britain has the most advanced war ship, not america britain
it might be the latest but not the best, we have 12(going off memory) nimitz class carriers, the most dangerous warship in the world, it takes almost all 3 of your "regular carriers" to match the fire power of 1 of our "super carriers".
I didn't say dengerous, I said technologically advanced, (more to come)...

overall the US is eaisly better,
I never said the UK was better, I said it had the most advanced war ship
the technology advantage is to great.
cleary not, because as I said. BRITAIN HAS THE MOST ADVANCED WARSHIP, see the mani quote above... can you quote any surces that discredit that? no-thought not.
we have SO much more aircaft\tanks\APC's\helicopters\etc. we just dont have enough men to man them all at once.
well perhaps if you had some brits training you y'all might be five times better at staying alive! (referre to my earlier post regarding that) ten there would be enough peopel to opperate them!
im sorry but head on head the UK would get annihilated by the US
you still have to get at the ship first.
radwhat I've sad above, now we've estabilished that it might only be a destroyer, and not a 'us-built-super-carrier' but you still have to get at it...

you can't fly to it, it'll see you ad intercept you before you're even close.
you can't fire a missile at it, not even a smart missile.

you can'teven take it down with mulitple smart missiles.

you can sail to it, because aside from the fact that it'll move as part of a larger defensive fleet, it'll see you coming and deploy weapons.

sorry to have picked apart what you said. but if you'd removed your head from your patriotic posteria and actually read what I said and looked at it in closer detail before saying "USa is teh best lol" then you may have stood a chance...

I'll repeat the silient points from my previous post.

without a full on war (which there will never be) between the UK and US it's impossible to know who has the best army.
yes you can compare man power and say the US is better, you can look at the [percentage of people in an early grave and say that the UK is better, (frankly there is no point in having more people if they all get killed!)...
you can compare size of fleets and say the US is better.

there will never be an accurate comparison, which is why (if you look at my post), I decided to stick to fact.
(obviously I'm english, I want the UK to be the best, but there is no substantial evidence to say who is the best).

All I can say is blind patriotism. As much of a patriot as I am, we are not always better. Any you can't say that NK and India, and Pakistan do not have confirmed nukes, just because they are not in nato. Two of those said have tested nuclear weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom