Take Time to Remember

I am most upset with the people who say it was an inside job and saying that bombs were planted by us in the towers. Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. This was the worst attack in US History and it will never be forgotten. I lost my uncle in the tragedy, and am sick of the sick phelps people in my town that say "thank god for 9/11". I remember exactly what i was doing that day.

I had left my 4th grade classroom to go to a dentist appointment. As i was walking past the library, i heard teachers screaming as they saw their husbands dying in front of their eyes. I will never forget the picture of the towers falling and the screams of my teachers...

R.I.P. Uncle Brad 1966-2001, You will never be forgotten and always missed. :(

I don't mean to come off as a disrespectful person, but I've moved on.

I feel bad for those who have lost their lives over this, but I'm not moping anymore, I didn't lose any loved ones so thats it for me.

Odd when I look back on the day....all the emotions I felt, shock...deep sadness..blinding rage at the cowardly sob's who did it...yet in it's aftermath I also felt pretty damn proud to be a American. I kinda miss that unity everybody had after 9/11...it didn't matter what part of the country you were from, race, religion, cultural boundaries...it all just didn't matter. We were all just Americans who rallied behind our Nation in one of it's darkest hours.

Odd when I look back on the day....all the emotions I felt, shock...deep sadness..blinding rage at the cowardly sob's who did it...yet in it's aftermath I also felt pretty damn proud to be a American. I kinda miss that unity everybody had after 9/11...it didn't matter what part of the country you were from, race, religion, cultural boundaries...it all just didn't matter. We were all just Americans who rallied behind our Nation in one of it's darkest hours.

Agreed. You know it's sad... The amount of people at a "fair" here (which is basically one big rummage sale) was more than what we get at our fourth of july festival.... Pathetic. What happened to our patriotism? Do we only show it when we feel the time is right?

Exactly. I'm proud to be American, we truly have a rich and diverse history I think we need to celebrate more....take pride in our past year round...not just on the 4th of July or commemorating a sad day such as 9/11.

Another thing that bothers me is how people in American don't want to "be" American, hey if your a immigrant it's fine to keep your customs and language it's a beautiful thing to keep and pass on to future generations, America as a Nation is a vast melting pot of all cultures. My dad's family came from Germany, they spoke German but they learned English and wanted their kids to speak it and to strive to be a American as well as take pride in being German...now a days when we bend over backward to appease the minority. Spanish as America's second language? sheesh...if you come to America I think folks should make a effort to BE American, by all means keep and and embrace your heritage but we all need to have at least one thing in common, how we can come together as people from all walks of life and work for a common goal to help our Nation.

Very sad indeed and very upsetting that bin laden has released another video at such a time
It was bound to happen though, he twisted the knife further by showing that pic of one of those terrorists who caused the towers destruction, oh, & on the wall behind bin Laden was a large framed picture depicting smoke & flames coming from the first tower to fall.

Exactly. I'm proud to be American, we truly have a rich and diverse history I think we need to celebrate more....take pride in our past year round...not just on the 4th of July or commemorating a sad day such as 9/11.

Another thing that bothers me is how people in American don't want to "be" American, hey if your a immigrant it's fine to keep your customs and language it's a beautiful thing to keep and pass on to future generations, America as a Nation is a vast melting pot of all cultures. My dad's family came from Germany, they spoke German but they learned English and wanted their kids to speak it and to strive to be a American as well as take pride in being German...now a days when we bend over backward to appease the minority. Spanish as America's second language? sheesh...if you come to America I think folks should make a effort to BE American, by all means keep and and embrace your heritage but we all need to have at least one thing in common, how we can come together as people from all walks of life and work for a common goal to help our Nation.
Very well said!

I actually had no clue what today was. At work, the flag was down half-staff and I didn't know why. I pointed it out to someone thinking that the rope wasn't tied down properly and it was slipping, lol. Then the secretary told me, "OMG, don't you know what day this is?!?" in a puzzled look. I'm like "no".

Well, now I know all about it and I live here in the US, lol. I've been so preoccupied that I haven't been watching the news or anything like that. It's way past midnight so the day is already over. I haven't even given one thought to the tragedy. How bad am I?

well i do have to agree w/all those who still want to keep 911 as a day of rememberance of all those innocent lives that were lost that day. i do have to give props to N.Y for the way they keep them remembered by having those two giant beams of light shooting straight up into the sky for all to see and to remind us all that we stand united and will always remember them one way or the another.

I actually had no clue what today was. At work, the flag was down half-staff and I didn't know why. I pointed it out to someone thinking that the rope wasn't tied down properly and it was slipping, lol. Then the secretary told me, "OMG, don't you know what day this is?!?" in a puzzled look. I'm like "no".

Well, now I know all about it and I live here in the US, lol. I've been so preoccupied that I haven't been watching the news or anything like that. It's way past midnight so the day is already over. I haven't even given one thought to the tragedy. How bad am I?
How bad are you, you say, I guess it depends on your age, if you were quite young when it happened perhaps your parents played it down to protect you from trauma.

Back
Top Bottom