What software should I download!?

Nice. Not heard of Houdini before.
RealFlows amazing for particle systems though, but not sure if its a standalone program.

As fo testing your comp, run some kind of benchmark.

CustomPC has a good one, which allows you to test with other PC's, and PC's of the magazine:

http://www.custompc.co.uk/benchmarks/how-to-enter.html

It uses all free software, like for instance the art package GIMP for testing of media, which opens up like 32 files, and performs effects on them, and also does some decoding.
After decoding, it also then plays the file you've decoded, while decoding another video.
Then performs the result at the end.

Anyone have any more suggestions to make my Laptop a wonderful experience? So far I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox, Limewire, Bitcomet, AVG, and thats about it. Im looking for software that will help me pass the time and provide me with some form of exitement, anything really.

If you like to make music, or think you may be good at making music, download Renoise

www.renoise.com

Honestly, its a great program, and the demo is of course free, with no limits, except for a sound option being turned off, and you can't render the final output to MP3 to Wave. Other programs, can however while playing through Renoise.
That said, I'm going to buy this program in the next month or so, as I think the developers deserve the money :)

Back
Top Bottom