easy laptop question

darkserpant

In Runtime
I have a Laptop I am using at home and I get the internet wifi. Cause I have a cable modem hooked into a router so I can go anywhere in the house with my laptop. I am going on vacation tommorrow and I called my hotel and they said they have internet in the rooms all I need is a ethernet cable. My question is since I set my computer up to accept wifi connection, when I get to the hotel room and I plug in the ethernet cord will I automatically be surfing the net or do I have to set my laptop up a different way cause it's no longer wifi? I am very computer illiterate. Thanks

I would think just plug and go, mine has WiFi and ethernet (it's a admin PC for when I'm modifying the network) and it's fine without confinguration of any sort!

(However it is set up in a way to avoid IP conflicts etc)

You may have to enable the cable connection in the device manager. There's no harm just leaving it enabled after you turn it on. The icon in the tray just nags there is no cable connected. No big...

If that is already done, all you do is just plug and surf. It's that eassy. Dial-up though, that was not easy.

Back
Top Bottom