Car Thread!

I would do a full exhaust all the way up to the headers, you will get the most out of your engine that way. If you have a warranty, I would talk to your dealer before you start replacing parts on your car.

Edit: Why are you so dead set on a 300? They are still relatively new so they won't be that cheap. Get something that won't cost you an arm and leg at the gas station.

well they look rlly kewl and i dont have to worry bout it till 2009 probably so the price will come down:)

EDIT:where can u get good rims in Canada?

I can have the pipes custom done easily at a muffler shop here. They do some pretty sweet stuff, whatever the customer want. One thing though, I don't want it to fail emissions (even though I have the next 6 years to worry about it) so a header is probably out of the question.

I want to get that resonator taken out and perhaps keep the catalytic convertor in there for emissions purposes. I can get hi flow mufflers and pipes redone. Lot of people say the Tanabe is probably the best for the money.

But another thing on my mind is that I do tons of freeway driving, like 5-6 days a week. Is having an exhaust upgrade safe for my type of driving?

What do you mean by "safe?"
Mine's pretty quiet but gets loud once I'm in top gear at 3k RPM on the highway. It's just whether or not you can stand it or not. It's something I got used to pretty quickly. I imganine you would be better off than I am since you're driving a Lexus, a luxury car with loads of sound-dampening material, where I'm driving a Focus with pretty much 0.

well they look rlly kewl and i dont have to worry bout it till 2009 probably so the price will come down:)

EDIT:where can u get good rims in Canada?
well you ought to browse around at some more cars in a similar class. Chrysler is going downhill and their car's haven't been the best lately. Plus i haven't herd many good things about the 300

How is Chrysler going downhill? I haven't heard anything bad about the 300 either. They are now offering unlimited warranties too.

What I mean by "safe" is will driving under high speeds for 45 minutes on a daily basis with a modified exhaust system be perfectly ok with the car's motor and such? I don't want any premature failure as a result from everyday long distance driving due to exhaust upgrades.

I don't think it will have any kind of impact on that though.

Evo is very nice I havent seen one on the road yet. Yeah I4 + turbo is the shiet! Screw V8's :p. Well met a new guy, he has an RSX-S ive got to say wow those cars are nice never got on one before. 210 HP with VTEC kicking in at 6000RPM, he has a full think custom piping with custom exhaust from the catalyst to the tip and a huge K&N intake, that thing screams when the VTEC engages ive got to say is a pretty fast cheap car. He humiliates beemers, he left a new 3 series coupe in the dust walked him all over, a 40 grand car and his is a 24 grand.

Well my buddies neon has Intake and exhaust and a few other mods.

uh-oh mixed feelings towards the 300!but yea....my parents and sister always had chrylers and they were fine but i think that all cars r going downhill nomatter wut you buy or who u buy it from

still,where can u get good looking rims in Canada or the US

Edit:unless someone can convince me otherwise,im getting a chrysler 300

You know if someone's going downhill when they start offering ridiculous offers. That means they are on the verge of going out of business since they need people to buy their stuff quickly.

Reminds me of the time my brother bought a card reader with a huge rebate, but when everyone claimed their rebates, the company declared bankruptcy. Buy.com is now suing them.

You can get good looking rims at a rim shop. Or try websites. I got mine on ebay.

ISOwner, an exhaust won't rip your motor apart or anything. In fact, it's one of the safest upgrades possible and if you drive like you did before the swap (which will be hard since it will sound so sexy) you will see improved fuel economy.

I guess so. But it seems like companies are getting into a warranty war ever since Hyundai or Kia (whichever one) offered 10 year/100k warranties. Oh well, Most cars I like are pre-2000 anyway.

D-Lew is right about the exhaust, it won't do anything to your motor. If your motor was to break down with the aftermarket exhaust, it would still break down with the stock one.

Back
Top Bottom