Dumb but easy question, math related

BGates14

In Runtime
State the population, sample and variable:

A medical laboratory technician counts the number of white blood cells in a patient's blood.

We are suppose to do a reading, which doesn't talk about population / sample / variables and then do a worksheet. This is just the first problem of a few. But in class we only went over population and sample, not variable. So if anyone could either define and give the answer or just give the answer it would probably help.

What is a variable?

For math a variable can be anything that represents the unknown.
such as x^2= 14. We don't know the value of x(varaible) atm, but we can input 7 for x and multiply it by 2. That gives us 14 and our answer.

Source: college math and that above is very simple.

I have no clue what the variable is, a basic math definition I think doesn't fit for this example, and variable isn't even defined or used in my statistics book / glossary.

What is a variable?

For math a variable can be anything that represents the unknown.
such as x^2= 14. We don't know the value of x(varaible) atm, but we can input 7 for x and multiply it by 2. That gives us 14 and our answer.

Source: college math and that above is very simple.
7^2 is 49 not 14, 7*2 is 14.

But BGates is it asking for like independent variable and dependent variable? Independent is the variable that you change, dependent is what changes when you change the independent(its dependent on the independent.) I hope that makes sense to you...So in a math problem like x^2=49 the x would be the independent and the 49 would be the dependent since if you change x to a different number the answer(49) will change.

I'm scared its going to be another one of those things lol j.k j.k

Aw F I forgot I don't have word.

This sucks I'm going to need 07 for vista for school.

Well the first problem is the one I really want answered, all the rest I can pretty much base off of that one. But I get this from it:

Variable: White Blood Cells
Population: Medical Laboratory Technician
Sample: Patients Blood

You can open it with wordpad or notepad haha.

Back
Top Bottom