woah

all i did was scan with avg then i went with mcafee it cleared it all up most of it was fixable some i had to quaritine it just got done from like yesterday till today took forever for it to fix every single thing........i checked for rootkits keyloggers and such.........and now she has a better firewall.oh and i gave her firefox she was using internet exploer 6 which sucked

id format personally. takes like 2 hours to backup and format if you dont mess about. it takes more than that to run different checks and stuff. although i suppose youve got to re install the programs after, but id still do it that way

i already did it so no worries it took for ever to run all the diffrent checks and fix the problems then quartine them ...........had to delete a few then reinstall the programs htings were really messed up......a couple of rootkits were found.........then i did mcafee and found some stuff avg didnt find so i think all and all it was througho.

well now it dosent lag or ne thing maybe it does need it bu ialready did what she wanted and i dont feel like messing with it ne more,she has loads of money she can buy a new one ne ways.............she only uses it for the web though so it dosent really need to be mucked with, on another note i did dl all the drivers and things and we have a windows xp cd................if she wants a freash install ill talk her into getting windows vista so i can have it for one of my play machines.

If his girl friend's mother has recently got herself a computer for the first time ever, & doesn't really understand it, maybe her lack of knowledge got it in such a state, how old is she approximately?.

she is 50 years of age but she is tech savy shes a doctor for christ sakes lol she is just used to tech guys scanning and maintaing her network so she never paid attention to her pc lmao.

Back
Top Bottom