Trying to Identify a Machine and a possible problem!?!

Kernel_Killer

Solid State Member
Motherboard Manufacturer and Model: Asus A7V
BIOS Revision Number (if known): 1012 Beta 001-A just updated info
CPU/Speed: AMD 950
RAM Manufacturer/Type/Module Size: 512
CDRW/CDROM/DVD Manufacturer and Spec:
Disk Drive(s): Manufacturer and Spec:
Video Card: Manufacturer and Type: DM 975+ VD In/Out 4MB
Sound Card: Manufacturer and Model:
NIC Manufacturer/Model:
Power Supply Brand and Wattage: HEC 250AR
Operating System: Win 98SE
Anything else you think is relevant: CD Rom, Floppy, and hard drive have been replaced with spare items I had around from older machines.

Machine was a network machine. Had Linux installed but had to format the drive because it also had server software that was locking the machine out. Installed XP at first to see if machine could handle it but ended up going through a restart after XP would boot up to the desktop. Re formated drive loaded 98SE, no longer does the restart but when you open a window in the desktop the machine locks up. Everything freezes, keyboard, mouse. I know I haven't provided a whole lot of info for the equip in it but I could not find anything sticker wise on this machine of who made it or what OS was originally on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated to as why it is locking up and possible more info about the machine itself.

No its not a tower PC like the one the picture. Its a flat machine. Like the ones you use to be able to put the monitor on top of. Not sure if that really sheds any light on the situation.

I would give MemTest a shot but seem to be having prob. understanding how to create an ISO of it. Im following everything they say to do but still no luck.
If anyone else has any ideas as to why this thing locks up I am willing to listen and give it a shot.

No luck getting PC Wizard to run. When I burned it to a CD to run it on the machine with problems I get an error message saying: Language Library Error. Then the machine goes into its normal lock up.

When restarting the machine on the RAM load screen it says:

ASUS A7V ACPI BIOS Revision 1012 Beta 001-A

near the top then it does the ram scan with the currently installed drives, CD, Floppy, Hard drive. After that screen it is going into a detection saying:

Ultra100 (tm) BIOS Version 2.20.0.14

Detecting \

Then gives me a message saying

Ultra100 BIOS in not installed because there are no current drivers attached.

Not sure if that will help any but it wasn't doing that before. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom