Unused Computer used as network HD?

wee493

In Runtime
I have an old unused IBM that i was wondering if i could set it up to be used as a network HD somehow.:)

whats it running already , you could get a Nas operating system , load linux on it or use file sharing within windows
What are the specs as well

It is a IBM with an AMD K6-2 processor with 3D now!!
And it has one of my spare 160Gig HD's.

I have Install CD's for Win 95-XP, And the comp currently has No OS, but i was wondering what os would be best? and how to set it up

Yeah , teh hard drives become network drives under my computer on your network machines and you can do all copy and paste and cut commands to and from it

Anyway have a look at this http://www.freenas.org/ i have never used it personaly but i have seen it used and it wokrs pretty welll

lol hardly!
you switch both pc's on. on one you go into network places and find the other ones shared docs. then just store all your documents in that folder. you can do what muz said so it appears as a drive in my computer. then you just click on it and you will see your files. its easy.

I'm just curious, but wouldn't it be more simple and effective to just take the hdd out of that computer and plug it into the one you use?

Back
Top Bottom