Car Thread!

It's the best source of power for the bucks. FI is the way to go with any car if you want speed unless you want to go with something like nitrous, but that gets expensive in the long run if you have to keep filling up the bottles.

Plus, imagine the stress to your internals with nitrous on consistent use. Too risky.

Speaking of Chrysler, did you know that all new Chryslers have lifetime powertrain warranty now?!?! Unheard of.

Do a full build with forged internals. But if your gonna do that, you might as well boost it.

Chrysler 300's are too upscale, nice - can't exactly find the word I'm looking for here - for us CF members. We either have cheap rides or go-fast rides, not luxury boats.

As for the RX vs. other cars debate. Well, driver skill means a lot more than you guys would think. I was 1 second behind a G35 in my almost stock automatic Focus on a long course.

And no, I'm not talking about drag. That's boring, and a weak spot for small displacement production cars in the first place.

The G35 coupe handles like a mother and should corner well in a course giving it an advantage. In all, the G35 should have the advantage unless the driver screws up somewhere. Just like drag racing. You can have a top notch car but if you don't get the launch right or miss a gear, you're out of there.

He's got acceleration on me, but my car has a tight suspension kit on it so cornering is probably comparable. I'm also 1,000 lbs lighter. I think he's on stock suspension. It just comes down to technique I guess.

Good wheels help too. I hate my car now because of all the stupid scratches it got. Man, a new car and already, it looks fugly.

RIms are scratched up and plus, I have a piece of aluminum broke off on me when I hit the curb really hard at the beach. Ouch. Luckily the tires are ok.

if your paying £28500ish for the top of the line RX-8 (with the extras), you might as well pay a couple of grand more and get something very fast..

2003_atom-2_1.jpg

0-100-0 in 11.35s. now thats a properly fast motor..

Back
Top Bottom