Holy crap, what a rush...terrible customer service

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Man, this just happend like right now. I got this letter in the mail for a Cash Rewards credit card. So I was excited to get it and want to get it activated. Just my luck, some Indian person from India picked up and I could barely understand a word he's saying. He tried to get me enrolled in all kinds of crap and such. I keep saying NO to him and he keeps throwing me more sales pitch!!!

I got so mad, I yelled at him right over the damn phone. One of my roommate came knocking on my door to see if I was all right. That's how mad I was. I insisted that he transfer me to someone who knew how to "speak english", lol. I actually DEMAND it!!!! If only I could record myself talking to him, man, you should've heard me.

That's power to the people. The customer is ALWAYS right. I feel I've offended him because I made fun of him from India and all that crap. I feel bad now but in the heat of the moment, I was so angry. I knew I had the power to overcome him because the conversation was recorded and I was the customer. He even dared to raise his voice a little at me!!!

We talked for like 15 minutes just to get the card activated and we calmed down and he reassured me that I'm not enrolled in anything. His english was so bad and the fact that he was reading off of the computer screen made it worse. I couldn't interrupt him because of his "narration", but I just talked over him.

What a hassle. Oh, this card is from Citi. DO NOT APPLY WITH CITI. It is run by Indians!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if this offends those on here from India and such, but come on guys, company have to realize that majority of the customers are english based and if you don't speak good english, why hire you? You just get into this kind of problem with miscommunication.

I hope I never have to call them back for anything. This card does have good incentives for cash reward though which is what I like about it.

I'm glad he's just in the activation center. At least he can't mess with my account too much, I hope.

i think alot of call centers are in india including dell...............well at least you get free stuff lol

i agree ppl need to learn english if there helping english speaking custemers!

Because I was already furious with him with a tone of major aggresssion, he was forced to "describe" his job duty. He's suppose to throw sales pitch one after another should I decline and confirm three times and such. WIth the way he talked, it sounded like I was already enrolled in their insurance program which I didn't want. Then he goes on and said that I will recieve $15 in the mail for signing up. What the crap?!?!?!? Signing up?!?! I didn't sign up for anything!!!! That ticked me off even more......It would've been so much simpler if he just said, "Ok sir, you are not enrolled in any of our plans. Should you wish to enroll, please feel free to call customer service." Now how hard is that?

As much as I lke the card, I even told him to cancel my card that instant. He says he can't because it's only the activation center. Man........

Bottom line is that the employee need to work on speaking clear english or companies need to screen personnel a lot better. It's cheap labor......that's where they gain but we suffer from it.

lol they all have to throw sales pitch there asked to do it i think they get commison off you too....................the more they pretend like they dont understand the more likely your to caving in.........ive bet they enrolled ppl into things by insisting on one product or another..

i do what you do yell at them and ask to speak with someone higher up.

Ha, that's exactly what I did. Man, he wouldn't budge. Keeps insisting that it's only an activation center and that I would need to call customer service. Then I yelled at him about why he's doing customer service's job on enrolling me in all these different programs when his job is only to activate cards. I got him good there and he paused for like the longest time. I thought I got disconnected, lol.

lol he got shut mouth lmao thats funny caught him in his trickiry.........well you cant let them run all over you like you said the custemer is always right and they get recorded so they cant do much if they want there job.

i hate everyones custemer service i have to call capitalone to get a new card i cant read the numbers on the back of my card lol i was going to order some surround sound speakers for my comp and the g15 keyboard but i cant because i need those 3 little numbers!!!!!!!!!1

Capital One, man. I've had a lot of offers through them, but my APR was really high so I never like them for that.

I'm getting 2.7% US Prime Rate APR with my new Citi Cash Rewards card which is what I love about it too. It's for life, unless I make a late payment. Then it gets jacked up to 23%, lol. It has like a credit line of $15,700 which is a lot for me. Wow.

But I would complain to Captial One that you DEMAND a new card because those three numbers on the back are unreadable. They should send one out to you without a problem.

Customer service these days suck ballz. Bank of America is all right. At least they speak clear english everytime I call them. I had a BofA WorldPoint Rewards card, but I canceled right away because I had a hard time registering on their website. Funny huh? That's what they get. If I'm not satisfied, I play hardball. They're not getting service out of me.

thats a huge credit limit.......the card i have is like 18 percent but i can be late on to payments and all they dont charge intrest at all if i pay ontime every month but if i miss that 18 percent will be paid lol i havent missed a payment in over a year so im goood!!!!

credit card companies want you to f up so youll owe them for life!!!!11

That's why I just do all my payments online and never by mail. I'll even do the "reoccurring payment" plan if they allow me to. That way, my bills always get paid on time. I hate dealing with customer service for payment hassles, etc.

i pay everything online as well.....plus i dont want the mail guy to misplace my check and make a big hassle theres to much what if factor!!!

Back
Top Bottom