need help identifying this mb...

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi guys, i just picked up a p3 computer .... i'm trying to find where the power switch and them plugs go into the mb to power it up.. but i can;t find where it goes.... i'm now trying to idenfiy the mb but all i see on it is:

via vt82c694x.....

tyan comp. corp

awards c1998 bios

and on back of comp it has a sticker saying # 0106170 manfacutred may 3, 2000

ok, when the motherboard is in the computer case, the place to put the power switch cable is going to be on the bottom right of the motherboard when you are looking at it when its in the case.

Without knowing the mobo make and model its hard to say tbh , i would just look for the pwr printed near the front pannel connector pins or just try each one , once you have he power one you can find out the mobo make and go on the internet and find the ones for the reset sw and pwr led

Ok. Your motherboard is manufactured by Tyan and uses the Via Apollo Pro 133 chipset. Here is the Tyan Product Archive. Your's should be one of the bottom six boards listed under the socket 370 section. On each motherboard description page, there are three clickable icons at the top of the page next to the motherboard name. The third one will show you a .pdf file that shows the location and layout of the pins.

Ok. Your motherboard is manufactured by Tyan and uses the Via Apollo Pro 133 chipset. Here is the Tyan Product Archive. Your's should be one of the bottom six boards listed under the socket 370 section. On each motherboard description page, there are three clickable icons at the top of the page next to the motherboard name. The third one will show you a .pdf file that shows the location and layout of the pins.

ok, thanks for all replies... i took some pics ....

[img[http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9245/1000295gl5.jpg[/img]

thats the bottom right hand side of the mb.... u see theres a little section there (i cirlced in paint).... above it says power sw and sutff like that...it says its 6-8 or something like that...i tried plugging the plug into every pin in that section with no luck...... i see down below that i see hd led and stuf but no power.......

and for the link.. i'm looking at page now.... thxs, shawn

ok..i found what mb it is...i looked at all the ones with that chipset u said... found the Trinity 400 (S1854) to look the same mb... (as i noticed it has support for apentium 1 or 2 slot thinggy...).... so now i will try to look for guides, thxs, shawn

by looking at your picture there i noticed your computer has AGP slots. so your motherboard is quite old.

Back
Top Bottom