Posting in Social Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What do you guys think about not counting posts in the Social Lounge to your regular post counts?

Well, I'm in this other forum and I was wondering why I'm stuck on 220 posts for the longest time even though I posted like 10 different posts in the "Off Topic Discussion" subforum. Turns out that they don't post the post count if you reply in the Off topic area, but everywhere else, you get a post count.

I feel it's for that reason, the site has a more professional feel with a bit of personal touch.

Something to think about...

Most posts are accumulated through social lounge.
While post count doesn't have any direct meaning to me (its really only a number), it can be a bit deceiving if we cut down everyone's post count, drastically.

Not to mention, I think more irrelevant posts would be made elsewhere by people trying to raise their post count, creating more spam and irrelevant posts than ever.

I think its ok because most people use the social lounge allot, if you make a post in any section it should count, if not then take away the count altogether.

Just cos its the social lounge dont think help still isnt given there , On many ocasions i have seen people posting problems they are facing at home/school/work or in life generally and people helping them out . Thats why i like this place so much cos people can post their own personal problems in the social lounge and people wont make fun or lagh , on the most people are understanding and help people out with even their personal problems , and pecause of the vast number of different ages and types of people there may be someone who has experienced the same problem before
To me post count dosent matter david could turn it off tomorrow and i wouldnt have a problem

Just cos its the social lounge dont think help still isnt given there , On many ocasions i have seen people posting problems they are facing at home/school/work or in life generally and people helping them out . Thats why i like this place so much cos people can post their own personal problems in the social lounge and people wont make fun or lagh , on the most people are understanding and help people out with even their personal problems , and pecause of the vast number of different ages and types of people there may be someone who has experienced the same problem before
To me post count dosent matter david could turn it off tomorrow and i wouldnt have a problem

You bought up some good Valid points there, I would like to add to it, the social lounge is good for getting to know other members as they describe their life style, hobbies & interests and I personally find it good because you can sometimes relate to it, compare it to yours and discuss things about it, its good to have it.

yea, the social lounge hasnt got too out of hand so i think the post count should stay. people still ask for help and post sensible things and i always try to post in all the sections if i have a chance

You bought up some good Valid points there, I would like to add to it, the social lounge is good for getting to know other members as they describe their life style, hobbies & interests and I personally find it good because you can sometimes relate to it, compare it to yours and discuss things about it, its good to have it.

Exactly we can share our expereinces , and the older members can share experiences with the younger members and vica versa .At the moment i think the social lounge is cool and helps us know each other better
And yeah if yoiu find someone who shares the same hobby or has the same interest you can aask them about it and discuss it

Agreed; I didn't think of that point as I was thinking about this. Great job bringing up that point! The fact is, the social lounge brings us all together, but I think many people would stop posting in there if their post count wasn't involved. :-(

Agreed; I didn't think of that point as I was thinking about this. Great job bringing up that point! The fact is, the social lounge brings us all together, but I think many people would stop posting in there if their post count wasn't involved. :-(

i wouldnt stop posing in there cos i enjoy posting in there and sometimes you are still helping people with problems other than computers
I was just pointing out a lot of posts in there are actually usefull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom