Question about the Q6600

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Apparently, there are the B3 and GO stepping with this particular core. Now, if you were to shop on Newegg, how in the world would you know if you're buying a GO Stepping or B3 Stepping Q6600?

It's difficult to know for sure but if you read the comments it seems that people are receiving the new stepping. The way you will know for sure is when you buy it and get the box. It should say either of the following:

B3 Stepping = sSpec Number SL9UM
G0 Stepping = sSpec Number SLARC

And on the CPU itself:
B3 Stepping = CPUID 06F7
G0 Stepping = CPUID 06FB

GO is better because of the lower power rating which allow cooler and higher OC capability.

But that sucks how you have to actually buy it just to know what you're getting. Newegg needs to label it in on their site. ClubIT does that and they're cheaper too, for the the Kentsfield Q6600 GO.

you might get the older stepping even if you order it from newegg. there not going to pull out all the old quads just to make room for the new ones.

Many sites (including the one where I bought mine from), have two versions listed under the Q6600. Many UK online shops do anyway now.

Some places sell the g0 step at a higher price mind (Not by much), but many don't.

I can tell you this for sure though. The G0 runs very cool. Shocked me, since unless I did something wrong with the heatsink on my other computer, this runs cooler than my 3500+

What are your temps. I wanna compare em to my 4200+ with stock heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom