Car Thread!

You need to put an exhaust on that thing. Go for a Tanabe or Flowmaster system. They are low in sound without the high pitch rice noise.

old ride sold this car
haircutFeb08005.jpg

new ride bought this 3 months ago...i already put 6000 more KM on it since then, but yeah its a 2004 BMW X5 (E53 i think??)
Picture004.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Oh get this. A coworker of mine from different department has the newest Evo (Evo 10, I guess), the one with the new body and motor. 300 stock HP. He fixed it up including methanol injection that pumps out a certain amount of mixture when the turbo hits 10psi and higher. He completely redid the downpipe and exhaust system. No cats at all, tweaked computer management system, intake, injectors, cams, etc. etc. etc. Well, he spend over 10 grand on mods alone so far. He lost count how much he spent but it was a lot. After all mods, Evo dynoed (forgot what he said, but I think its 374 or 384 HP to the wheels). Incredible, yes?

Here's the interesting part. He was at the track and there was a guy in a new Corvette. It had a stock V8 with intake and exhaust. That's it. My friend gave him 5 car lengths head start, then he went after the Corvette in his Evo. He caught up to him in 3rd gear and the rest was history. Corvette got SMOKED by a 4cyl Evo. That guy was ****ed, needless to say.

Haha, noice.
Yeah I've been looking around autotrader's website for a car for my little bro when it comes time. I saw something I would seriously consider trading my Focus in on if I could do it. It's a 10th Anniversary RX-7 (2nd gen) Turbo with 23,000 miles on it for $12K. So beautiful. I guess i have been on an RX kick lately.

If you can get your hands on the new Evo, you will have the fastest car around. He said he paid about $31,000 for it. It's a bit steep, but wow, the performance you're getting. Best part about it is, he doesn't have to get it smogged for the next 6 years. By that time, he's planning on getting rid of it. I can't believe this crazy guy. He pumps in all that money to get it fast and he wants to get rid of it after awhile. Man, he's rich.

He also has a piece of crap Dodge Neon that he bought for $300, lol. That's his daily beater for commute purposes. The Evo stays put for local cruising and drag racing.

I couldn't do that. When I have a car I have to drive it. No way I could keep something cooped up just because it's expensive. I guess I'll have to go for a cheap fast car.

Like a rx8!????

lol I'm obsessed. they aren't that fast stock. But thats why they make turbos!

The RX8 is not as fast as you think, even with turbos. Well, depends on which version you get. They make a piece of crap version where almost any car can beat, but I feel even the top of the line RX8 are nowhere near an IS350, Infiniti G35, type speeds.

Back
Top Bottom