Intel launches four-socket Xeon 7300 quad-core processor

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid80_gci1270985,00.html

The more energy-efficient Xeon 7300 series includes frequencies up to 2.93 GHz at 130 watts; several 80-watt processors; as well as a 50-watt version, or 12.5 watts per core, with a frequency of 1.86 GHz for ultradense deployments, such as four-socket blade servers.

It's also possible to upgrade the Xeon 7300 to Intel's next-generation chips. Code-named Dunnington, the 45-nanometer (nm) processor with four or more cores is due out next year, Skaugen said. In mid-2008, Intel plans to ship its Nehalem family of processors, which will include one to eight cores per product. In 2009, Intel plans to introduce its 32-nm manufacturing process.

In addition, the Xeon 7300 includes a new Data Traffic Optimizations feature that enhances data movement between processors, memory and I/O connections, Intel said. While previously an interconnect was shared, each processor will now have its own interconnect, Skaugen said.

AMD is going to HATE THEM after they do that
i mean AMD is supposed to have the last laugh with the 6400+ but NOOOOOOOOOOO
Intel has to ruin the repeat of history that happened to them with the Athon XP so they stink

i would love to own something like that to uplink all my comps but look at those prices to much for me.

Back
Top Bottom