Power for the PC

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
is there such thing as to much power for a pc?
or do i have to get really close to what the pc will demand at optamial use?
here is what is going into the pc
(the case is up in the air for now)
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz, 8 MB cache
8 GB DDR2 Black Dragon Ram 240 pin
Hitachi 1 TB hard drive 7200 rpm, 3 Gb/s, 32 mb cache
BFG GeForce 8800GTX Video Card 768 Mb ram, 626 MHz, 384 bit
BFG NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard
Samsung 18X DVD R/W with Lightscribe
Lite-on 52X CD R/W
Koutech 3.5" & Multicard Reader
Linksys Wireless-G Network Card
(Hopefully I can find a Card that goes into the PC to make any desktop Bluetooth able)
and im also considering a
BFG PhysX Card
so with out the PhysX card how many Watts do i need?
is 800W not enough?
is 1000W to much in which the system is fried?
is 1000W not enough?
and with the PhysX card what am i looking at?
because i know that BFG has 2 different power supplies
a 800W and a 1000W
if someone could shed any light on this subject i will greatly appreciate it
because right now im :confused: and lost as to what is the best choice for this system

oh no!
its.........................
thats a big problem
im still lost in a cave and i dont have a flash light
is that the light beam from a search party?
looking for me?
i hope so
i would like to have an answer

I wouldn't bother with a Physx card. They are too expensive, and are a dying breed, I'm sure.

Your PSU will need to be quite powerful though to run all that.

But, no, you cannot get too much power. As long as its efficent, it'll only use what it needs. But, there is a danger of not getting enough.

I'd say for your system you are building, about 700 watts should do you fine.

Are you getting the Core 2 Quad g0 step which uses less power?

Ok dude we all have lives of our own you know , this isnt out job or anything we do this voluntarily so chill out dont expect an answer the instant you post
Ok in answer to your question no you cant have too big a powersupply , obviously if you get a bigger one that means when you want to upgrade to a new GPU or CPU or whatever you know you wont need to swap out the PSU , i normally get the largest quality branded one i can with the budget i have for a powersupply so that if i need to upgrade in the future there is less likely hood of you neededing an upgrade
I would say 800w would be fine , maybe even 650W i am not too sharp on powersupplies , but if you get a 1000W that wouldnt be a problem either

As for a physics card you realy needent bother as i dont think many games support them and they are overpriced for the function they can do ,

woah why do you need 8 gigs of ram???

that computer is complete over kill lol i guess when microsoft comes out with there new os that comp will still be good lol

I have to repeat what everyone else has said. 8800's have a built in physics processing unit while it does do graphics at the same time, it will handle all of your needs.

What's it being used for?

1000 Watts is a waste of money for you, and so are BFG power supplies. 550 watts would power that system. IMO, Silverstone power supplies are the best out there. Lots of people who actually know their stuff about power supplies will probably agree with me. The Silverstone Zeus ST75ZF will be perfect for you. It's 750 watts, but it's one of the best PSUs out there today. Will easily run SLI 8800GTXs.

Back
Top Bottom