A Keyboard!

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
I have a keyboard right now, about 4 years old, I got it for christmas. It's not a regular size.. it's missing 2 octaves (off of a regular piano) I can't find ear phones for it (the whole is huge) I can't get a petal for it and it doesn't have a plug (gobbles batteries FAST). When you hit it harder and harder, it does not get louder :p

I want a keyboard! There are some nights when I just want to stay up and learn new songs, but everyone's asleep and I can't do anything.. I want a kick @(( keyboard that I can actually do stuff with. Has a pedal, headphones, gets louder as you hit it harder, a plug... able to plug in to your computer and stuff.. wahtever.. I just want a bigger one! Oh, and I want full size! :p It's horrible when you play by ear and you knock off the top and bottom octaves...

Thanks!!!
-Q

Of course I do! yay! lol

But i have no idea what to look at, what brands, ect. when it comes to keyboard pianos..

Yamaha makes good ones, pretty much any brand is good enough to play at home, just make sure you get an AC adapter and has a headphone jack, and maybe pedals but ive found that extremly hard to play 2 octaves and a bass, even when your not even playing a real song :p

Two octaves and a bass? What are you talking about?

Do you mean you find it hard to use all the octaves or what? because I do :p I'm trying to learn boston.. but my life is kind of taken up and the only time I have is at night.. and I can'y play on the crappy thing

Yes, it uses all the octaves.

Link to a great one please :D

-Pedal
-Plays louder as you hit harder
-power cord
-headphone
-!! Maybe a cool little program that records what you play to sheet music! Do they make that? I'm sure they do! that would be awesome! (Piano plugs into the computer of course)
-All octaves.

THANKS!

My other crappy keyboard is 61 keys... so I guess I want an 88 key!

http://yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Con...CTID%253D205200%2526CNTYP%253DPRODUCT,00.html

is that good or that?

i mean playing with both hands and your feet ;)

that keyboard looks really nice though, it connects to your computer via usb so you can record stuff if you ever get decent or want to share it :) im sure it has a headphone jack too, probably not the big one either.

I have a Yamaha PSR-350 which is getting pretty old now, but, I'm just going to get a USB 88 key keyboard (full octave) with semi-weighted keys (good for synth and piano playing). These can be picked up for around £125, and even though they miss out on sounds pre-built into them, if you buy synth software for the PC, its just as easy.

I personally use Renoise which is a tracker piece of music making software, and then use a wide variety of VST instruments. You can get a lot for free if you search around.

For instance, I have a fantastic guitar and piano synth, that will be just as good as any electric piano out today.

I think I will just go to the local collins and look at theirs before I get to serious.

It would be cool if I could hook it up to my compter and it copies everything I play into sheet music.. because alot of the songs I play don't have sheet music and it would be cool :D And then I could make up stuff :p

Yeah, the one I linked to costs $800.. that's alot of cash.. so I guess I will look around more..

I got a Yamaha PSR-E403. Was around £200 ($400) - You it does all of the thing's you where asking for, apart from the fact that it's 61Key's (i THINK???)

Back
Top Bottom