Conflicting IP Addresses

N0 F34R 1488

Baseband Member
I was wonder if there was any way to change the IP address for mine, or my mom's computer because we keep getting a "conflicting IP address" error and I checked the IP addresses for both the computers and of course they are both the same. Is there any way to change it?

i had that problem once but my dad fixed it. yep it means you both have the same i.p address contact your ISP or your Lan Manager or someone

This is how you can change the ip. This only works when the problem is lan related since the router changes your ip.
control panel -> network connections -> lan -> properties. Then choose internet protocol (TCP/IP) and click on properties. You can set the ip addres manually from there. Try setting it to 192.168.0.x (x can be pretty much anything from 0 to 253).

You will also need to know the dns settings in order to connect to the internet.

In some routers you can log in to the web-based management and force a re-assign of all the IPs on the network. I have also found that some times a simple restart of a computer will fix the issue.

Back
Top Bottom