Buying Computer, Please help:)

Hmm... onboard sound is no good to power expensive speakers, with the noiseless quality they deserve.

If you've spent good money on speakers, I'm afraid you have to spend good money on sound, otherwise, your money is wasted.

change that processer to an AMD because there better

Will everyone quit saying that its annoying .
AMD are not the best and intel are not the best .
Depending upon what budget you are buying for depends on what is the best , right now if you are buying a Budget system AMD are the best priced budget processors and they are still realtively good enough for most things . If you are buying for a much larger budget intel core 2 duo is much better as it overclocks furthur than AMD .
So recap
Budget buy an AMD
Lots of money buy an Intel

change that processer to an AMD because there better

It is going to be AMD. This is a budget computer anyway, I kinda had to go with what I could afford and AMD I believe is good and apparently so do you:p

Kage thanks for the info, I'm gonna have to wait fora sound card now :( Maybe I should of worked it in my budget. Damn.

One thing that sucks is that I said 3 days shipping but on the order form it says something like ship date doesn't start until like the 19th or something! That kills me, hopefully it changes.

Well, you don't HAVE to buy a sound card. You won't have any issues with onboard, or anything like that.
Its just, if you've spent loads on speakers, you want the best sound possible, right? :p

As for AMD vs Intel, I thought Intel were cheaper at the moment, and more overclockable?
If you bought an Intel E6600, or something, which is dual core, I think it'd be pretty amazing.
They just seem better right now.

My old PC is running off a 3500+ though which is still functioning well, as I'd expect.

Ya true about the speakers.. so I kinda "have" to buy one, just not now:p I'm not up to date on the computer technology like I was a couple years ago so I so I don't have a preference between AMD and Intel, but everyone always says something different:) So I kinda took a gamble. Although it's not about how many Ghz you have anymore, atleast they mean something to me so I can mesure the difference between my old and new computer.

Ya your 3500+ should still be running good, I'd think. I actualy still enjoyed my 2100. lol

Well, you don't HAVE to buy a sound card. You won't have any issues with onboard, or anything like that.
Its just, if you've spent loads on speakers, you want the best sound possible, right? :p

As for AMD vs Intel, I thought Intel were cheaper at the moment, and more overclockable?
If you bought an Intel E6600, or something, which is dual core, I think it'd be pretty amazing.
They just seem better right now.

My old PC is running off a 3500+ though which is still functioning well, as I'd expect.
Right now amd have the cheapes dual cores available so if i where on a real tight budget but still wanted dual core go AMD , I have an Athlopn X2 cos as the custo title says i am cheap and i am impressed with its performance ,once i get an arctil cooling freezer i will overclock
However if you have money get Core 2 duo cos on stock they are slightly better than AMD and they overclock a lot better than AMD's so you get power per penny .

muz dont you need to change ure sig didnt u just get another stick of 1 gig of memory?

Back
Top Bottom