NEw president!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
muz they have the manpower but not the technolgy. they have the old russian tech that hasnt been updated since the commy(no offense intended just shortening it ;)) government was overthrown.

also you cant win a war without control of the air, they dont have anything that can compare to our air force ;)

China might not be the one developing technology but they are the ones manufacturing it . Example on the sige of my porocessor box AMD processors are made in one of the following countries :China,malaysia
Almost everything we rely on is made in china , they are manufacturing the technology they already have the skills to do that. If there was an all out war they prolly have the largest manufacturing work foce in the world , they would be able to make weapons and airplanes much quicker than any other country
ANd besides if you started a war with china they would just stop importing stuff to your country which would mean a damaged economy , if your economy is damaged you are gonna struggle funding a war . And even when the war is finished your country will be ruined cos everyone would have turned to looting to get goods and that and the enemies air strikes would cause damage .

I dont think china or any other country is gonna be stupid enough to use a nuke cos everyone looses simple as that . But i sure would put money on china winning a war , maybe not right now but in 5 or 10 years when they have a much stronger ecnomy .
Everyone thinks chinas economy relys on The western world when actually its a bit of both , we are helping china build a strong ecenomy and they are helping us keep ours strong , without them ours would be ruined withoutus their would be ruined

as far as being advanced i would sya the usa and china are in the forefront.........the technology is there.................bu currently usa is the major superpower of the world....undefeatable??????????/i think not just ask the romans that.

The USA is not undefeatable. If so, they would have won in Vietnam, there would not be insurgency problems in Iraq and Afghanistan, they would not have lost to the Canadians in the 1800s, they would have defeated the Cheyenne at Little Big Horn, they would not have lost at the Alamo...

China is massively more powerful than the USA, and the British Army is better trained than both. The US Army consists of poorly trained convicts who act like braindead robots, the British army is made up exclusively of people who want to be there and the training is the best in the world.

USA will not be a major superpower forever. Hello China.

The USA is not undefeatable. If so, they would have won in Vietnam, there would not be insurgency problems in Iraq and Afghanistan, they would not have lost to the Canadians in the 1800s, they would have defeated the Cheyenne at Little Big Horn, they would not have lost at the Alamo...

China is massively more powerful than the USA, and the British Army is better trained than both. The US Army consists of poorly trained convicts who act like braindead robots, the British army is made up exclusively of people who want to be there and the training is the best in the world.

Exactly , i hate americans who think their country is undefeatable and the best in the world . They fail to see china has a bigger army and if china had an ecenmy that could support its self they would be the best
and yeah the UK army is miles better trained than both unfortunatly it isnt as large but size isnt everything

Sure we are not unbeatable. I know that we are far from that. When you start bashing are soldiers, thats when I start to get a little offended. The soldiers for one are not poorly trained. Even reserves are trained very well.

The statement you made about our soldiers being a bunch of convicts is untrue. There are some convicts, I have never met one that was in the military. I do know of 4 or 5 people that are smart, strong, and well trained who are in our military.

I think you went a little bit overboard on that one. I am not going to go around saying all of the wars that Britian did not win or bashing their soldiers. That would be stupid.

Sure we are not unbeatable. I know that we are far from that. When you start bashing are soldiers, thats when I start to get a little offended. The soldiers for one are not poorly trained. Even reserves are trained very well.

The statement you made about our soldiers being a bunch of convicts is untrue. There are some convicts, I have never met one that was in the military. I do know of 4 or 5 people that are smart, strong, and well trained who are in our military.

I think you went a little bit overboard on that one. I am not going to go around saying all of the wars that Britian did not win or bashing their soldiers. That would be stupid.

Our two countries are allies so I dont think we should turn this thread into a war of words over who did this or who has that, both our countries has floors and will allways have, we must not go down the road of bickering lets just stay on the thread issue of Nuclear war WW3, (no offense intended)

The soldiers for one are not poorly trained. Even reserves are trained very well.

bulls**t.
A regular U.S soldier spends around 6 months in training before he is ready to be deployed. Of course the time depends on many things, but I think around 6 months is the duration for ordinary grunts.

Now that alone is proof that your troops aren't that well trained. If you think that you can train a normal civilian into an professional soldier in about 6 months then all I can say is that you don't even know how wrong you are.

Just for reference I'll post the amount of time people with mandatory military service spend in training. Now you have to remember that these people are by no means professional soldiers, they don't work for any army or anything like that. They are just basically reserve troops.

Austria: 6 months
Belarus: 12 or18 months
Bermuda: 38 months (part time)
Brazil: 12 months in army/24 in air force/36 in navy
Bulgaria: 6 or 9 months
Chile: 12 or 24 months

actually I'll stop there since I can't be bothered to post all of the countries that have mandatory military service.
But anyway, the fact that in ALL of those countries (the 6 first countries on the list, so don't say I picked the ones with most training time) adult males have at least the same amount of training than your troops.

So.. if a brazilian car mechanic has 2x more military training than your troops who are deployed I think it tells something about the amount of training that your soldiers get.

I'm glad to see that the people here are somewhat involved with politics and seem to have developed arguments, for the most part.

The fact is that none of us truly know what could or will happen, but it is something that is interesting to debate about. Unfortunately, with or without a new president, the path of war that we are in at the moment, can not just be 'reversed' in my opinion.

Was the war a mistake, or was it profitable in some way? Well, that doesn't take much to think about.. but the fact is, its too late now to just 'pull out' and every presidential candidate knows that, I hope.

Old and rich men make the war... young and poor boys die in it.

Now, to throw a twist on this argument, who thinks a draft is close by? I myself can't be drafted (medical issues) but I'd like to see what everyone's opinion is on that.

Very true.

Also with current US policy, if I was a citizen I couldn't be drafted. Apparently having gay soldiers would be worse than loosing a war, so w/e.

I'd also have to agree the US military is not very well trained. Time and time again, their technology is relied on too much. This often fails in the field, something goes wrong and US troops don't know what to do. The worlds best trained army is Israel, and Canada also has a superiorly trained military.

i highly doubt that china would do anything to the US/UK/western world.. the majority of their trade happens with us, their economy would be screwed if we stopped taking their goods.. and vice versa, it woudlnt make sense for either to go into a war with each other..

bulls**t.
A regular U.S soldier spends around 6 months in training before he is ready to be deployed. Of course the time depends on many things, but I think around 6 months is the duration for ordinary grunts.

Now that alone is proof that your troops aren't that well trained. If you think that you can train a normal civilian into an professional soldier in about 6 months then all I can say is that you don't even know how wrong you are.

Just for reference I'll post the amount of time people with mandatory military service spend in training. Now you have to remember that these people are by no means professional soldiers, they don't work for any army or anything like that. They are just basically reserve troops.

Austria: 6 months
Belarus: 12 or18 months
Bermuda: 38 months (part time)
Brazil: 12 months in army/24 in air force/36 in navy
Bulgaria: 6 or 9 months
Chile: 12 or 24 months

actually I'll stop there since I can't be bothered to post all of the countries that have mandatory military service.
But anyway, the fact that in ALL of those countries (the 6 first countries on the list, so don't say I picked the ones with most training time) adult males have at least the same amount of training than your troops.

So.. if a brazilian car mechanic has 2x more military training than your troops who are deployed I think it tells something about the amount of training that your soldiers get.

how wrong are you??????amercaines have to go train other people we are the most highly trained country in the world!!!!we win all the sharpshooting contest and team orinted similations every year!!!!!i was thinking of going special forces untill i had a kid,boot camp for the marines is only 6 weeks then they go to there other traning which is combat........then they got to stay trained.......i think the minimum for ever branch besides the army is 4 years active 2 unactive....................all the other countries do a mandatory for there citizens because they dont have the man power.......................................how many times did ne one say usa was the best ..........................we are highly trained sure we lost some but not like desisivly ne time recently look at every countries histry we all lost some that dosent make you weaker it makes you learn from your mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom