Difference between addon and parked domains?

Don't know anything about this company, bit there are lots of hosting plans with free domain names, webhostingbuzz.com offers a free domain name for life.

Don't know anything about this company, bit there are lots of hosting plans with free domain names, webhostingbuzz.com offers a free domain name for life.
This offer is very attractive from Webhostingbuzz.com - domain for life - but I doubt if it's possible. Looks like a gimmick fr me. What do you think, community, about this offer?

This offer is very attractive from Webhostingbuzz.com - domain for life - but I doubt if it's possible. Looks like a gimmick fr me. What do you think, community, about this offer?

Hear this from a hosting provider:

Never, and I mean NEVER purchase or get a domain through a web hosting provider.

Should you one day decide to cancel your hosting account, whoops there goes your domain. Should you realize they have horrible uptime, whoops there goes your domain.

Not to mention, domains are only about 10 bucks a year at places such as www.godaddy.com

Also, just because a host advertises in the forums a lot does not mean they are a quality host. That just means they have an active advertiser. Do some background check on them, google them, check out their whois information and make sure its accurate.

Just never assume.

Hear this from a hosting provider:

Never, and I mean NEVER purchase or get a domain through a web hosting provider.

I disagree- the main thing you have to do, is contact your host once your account is setup, and get the registar information. You can then change the infromation needed, such as DNS if you switch providers. For instance, I had a domain at SimplHost- which provided me with many problems, few features, etc. I purchased a package from Host Gator, with a new domain, and transferred my domain from my old host to my new host by switching the DNS servers without a problem at all. You don't loose your domain name if you've paid for it, and you have the registar info. I now own 4 domain names, hosting them all from the same host, puchased by different companies, SimpleHost, Yahoo, and two from Host Gator.

Back
Top Bottom