why the PS3 is a better deal.

I haven't really kept up to date with the Metal Gear series for example, but I have completed the first one, remade on the Gamecube and loved it.
It would make me want to buy a PS3 if this was never released on the 360.

The other thing that would make me want to buy the PS3, is the blu-ray player, but since I only have a HDTV (well its a monitor supporting HD), it wouldn't really win me over yet. If we suddenly came in with a HD screen though, then yes, since I think Blu-ray has the edge over HD-DVD this time.

I also honestly think the PS3 over time will win over the 360, if only for the extra power in the Cell, when developers grasp it. Only my thoughts, but who knows.

I own a 360 though, and I'm not thinking of buying a PS3 yet, if at all.

Well just so you know, Hideo Kojima himself said that MGS4 is ps3 exclusive, It's not coming to 360 at all.

the 360 will live on just because of the halo franchise just like the game cube stayed because of zelda and mario....................plus the 360 has alot of games......................idt playstation will ever leave seeing as they got sony backing them.they have always been here.......i think now that consumers want more and spend more theres enough market for all the consols.

the wii is selling so well and becouse it cant get ports from 360/ps3
its going to get a hell of amount of exclusives i mean it around went past the 360 in half the time its crushing the ps3
its not like developers can just ignore the system
there are a lot of good games in development
manhunt 2 no more heroes dewy s adventure supersmash mario
battalion wars 2 the list keeps going there always something to play on it every time you finish a game

Ok well without trying to be too much of a fanboy I will say the games is what determines the better system. Look at PS2 VS Xbox. Xbox seems to be the more logical choice because it had better graphics and online capabilities. Now who won? PS2 because it hit the price points faster and therefore the good games would be created for PS2 and when it came to cross platform games they were created for PS2 first and ported to Xbox therefore not using the extra capability of the Xbox. Which system did I buy? Xbox Why? Because I am a shooter guy and it had the best shooters by far and it had far superior online and of course Halo lol.

Ok now look at comparison of PS3 to X360
Which is more logical? PS3 because of its superior power and storage but inferior online.
Who will hit the price points faster Wii but nevermind them X360 will be faster than PS3 at hitting them. Now who is selling at a faster rate? Again Wii but nevermind them again X360 is month after month outselling PS3. Now who has more systems out? X360 and therefore the good games are going to be either exclusive or designed around the X360 and then ported to the PS3 and then not added anything to take advantage of the extra power when ported. Now which system will win? Wii of course lol.

Now back to the games issue. Which system currently has the best games? X360 and how do most North American Gamers choose there system? Games. Now which system do I own? Wii60 and plan on getting PS3 when the good games come out exclusively for the system(ie. FFXIII, Killzone) and the price must drop another $100-$200 before even picking up that system to buy those games.

thats what i was thinking let the playstation drop another 100 bucks or so and ill buy it.

I don't know how much a price drop would help the PS3 either especially if X360 drops its prices at same rate. We could see the PS3 always being at least $100 more until late in the life cycle and early into the next one. I beleive that PS3 will at least take second behind the Wii at some point but only after it starts producing big game titles. It may catch up as early as just after christmas 2008 but that only depends on what X360 brings to the table next christmas season and if PS3 can have a huge line up like X360 did this year. Also a big factor would be if PS3 can keep the exclusives they promise. I think a big cripple to Sony would be if Metal Gear Solid loses it's exclusivity even if only time exclusive would be a big hit to PS3 because christmas season would have MGS for both systems. But it is only a Rumor. Resident Evil and Grand Theft Auto 4 and Metal Gear Solid all making it to the X360 season would destroy PS3's chance next year of taking it.

ya but you guys r looking at just the american market
you have to look at the japan market where video games are life (and a lot of company's are japan based) now in japan the 360 dosnt sell at all not at all
the gameboy i belive is still selling better then it
but lets looks at ps3 and wii
for every 4 wiis sold one ps3 is
and then you have ds witch is selling out wii by a 2 to 1 ratio
now you have a system (wii) thats selling amazingly fast in all 3 markets japan europe and america out sell the 360 and ps3 every where
whats the most loggical system to develope on if your a jappenes developer?
wii
now if your an American developer the most loggical thing to develop on would be wii,360

so bassed on the wii not expecting to be that big of a hit
and developers needing time
id say by next years time wii will have games that will blow your socks off

oh question
is there a big pc gamer market in japan?

thats what i was thinking let the playstation drop another 100 bucks or so and ill buy it.

IMO you got no chance of that very soon , At the moment sony are loosing money on each and every console they sell

Back
Top Bottom