Baseband Member
Okay, to start, ill give my system specs (it's old, I know):

ATI radeon x700 pro

hds722525vlat80 | 233 total giga-bytes, 299 giga-bytes free

768 MB of ram

Windows XP home edition

Samsung SD-612 DVD-ROM

(Don't know mobo, or how to find out)

I can't play warcraft 3 without significant lag. I know its not my internet because it still lags in offline 4-people lan parties.

Also, my parents comp (http://compreviews.about.com/od/budg...hinesT2984.htm) runs it fine, despite being quite inferior to my computer.

So I Quick-deleted everything and re-installed windows. I say quick-delete, because I did not reformat it, I just deleted the partition. But my comp still lagged when playing Warcraft 3. So I did free virus scans with AVG, Spybot, and NoD32, all of them coming up with nothing. However, I did do a free scan with RegCare, and it came up with about 380 corrupted files or w/e they where.

What should I do to get WC3 to run well? Do i need to reformat my computer? Or is it possible that there has been a hardware failure, like some ram getting fried.

Also, the only things I installed after clearing everything was the newest driver for the graphics card, Firefox, and WC3. Is there another driver or program that I have to have for my system to run properly?

Last tidbit - When i installed windows, it said some sort of file was not found, then canceled installation several times, each time giving a different file not found. The final time, it still said a file was not found, but it continued installing. Would this mess anything up? If it where crucial, wouldn't windows not continue? And why did it mess up so many times?

Thanks very very much to whoever decides to try to help me. I know its a lot of crap to read, but I wanted to be thorough.

Thanks again.

Do a real format, Make sure all drivers all up to date, make sure chipset drivers are installed.

If the ram was bad, well, it would just plain crash, not run slow.

That system should run War3 perfectly fine.

get the newest bios update for the board and update windows then scan the comp.

it occurs to me if you have a 233gb harddrive how can you have 299gb free?

Sorry, got it backwards: 300gb HDD, 233gb free.

Anyways, I think it might be my power supply. It's about 7 years old and came with the computer case. Is there anyway to check and find out if its the power supply?

Back
Top Bottom