why the PS3 is a better deal.

Until the PS3 gets more games, it wouldn't be wise to buy one right now. But let's not forget the 1/3 failure rate of the 360. Hopefully that is something to be fixed with the new hardware revision that will come out.

idk how ppl get that like 13 of my firneds got the 360 at launch including me and none have messed up..........i think ppl dont keep there stuff ventaleted and taken care of..........i even bought a second 360!!!!

It's still weird that 1/3 of all 360's sold are having issues, but your probably right. From what I've read, the 360 can get hot enough to bend the motherboard enough to cause electrical circuits to break apart. The move to 65nm should help a lot though. I want to pick up a 360 later on, and I don't want to have issues.

Heres some thoughts of mine.

PS3:

Pros:
Rock solid. No stability issues.
Mouse and keyboard support (atleast in UT3)
Free online
Ability to run another OS
Mods for games like ut3
Blu-Ray (extra storage, no disc swapping)
Controller may be used with PC (also true of 360)

Cons:
Price.

360:

Pros:
Better games (for now)
Xbox live - more features than PS online
smaller
Controller may be used with PC (also true of PS3)

Cons:
DVD (less storage, disc swapping soon to be)
Xbox live monthly fee
less freedom on what one can do with the hardware
Unreliable at times (overheats, red ring of death, slow repair times, etc)

Honestly, I wouldn't get either right now.

The PS3 games suck, and the 360 over heats and dies like none other.

Overall, in the long run, the PS3 WILL be better. It's ability to use mods in UT3 really, and I mean REALLY changed my outlook of it.
MS demands money for anything that is mod related, sony doesn't care.

I hate sony AND microsoft, but now I hate sony just a little less. :p

PC Gaming FTW

i agree pc gaming is prolly the simplist..........but i like the fact on console games u just stick the game in and your ready to go..........plus most ppl around here have consoles and there games so we link up and play its alot of fun.

Consoles don't offer even remotely as much in terms of online play, especially not in terms of free online play.

But there have been times where all I wanted to do was play a video game, and computer problems got in the way. Consoles are nice in that regard.

you forgot wii's cons and pros

pro
its nintendo
rock solid hardware
innovative controller
games are 10$ cheeper
virtual counsel
nintendo games 1st party are always fun/awesome (i mean come on zelda supersmash metorid mario cant beat them)
dosnt need blue ray or hd dvd becouse no highdeff texures and music to store

cons
crappy friend codes
power of the wii is only twice that on the original xbox
system will not last as long as ps3/360

i want a ps3 just for games like "home" and "gta4". i wouldn't just use it for games either, id use all of the features, especially movies if i got a nice lcd to go with it. besides if i wanted to play online then i dont care about all the extra features anyway, id just want a simple match and thats it.
i just need to persuade my dad to let me get one if i have any cash left after my car

you forgot wii's cons and pros

pro
its nintendo
rock solid hardware
innovative controller
games are 10$ cheeper
virtual counsel
nintendo games 1st party are always fun/awesome (i mean come on zelda supersmash metorid mario cant beat them)
dosnt need blue ray or hd dvd becouse no highdeff texures and music to store

cons
crappy friend codes
power of the wii is only twice that on the original xbox
system will not last as long as ps3/360

"its nintendo" isn't really a pro.
It's not twice as strong as the original xbox. It's CPU is faster, but it's GPU is comparable to the one in the xbox.

I didn't really say much for Wii because it doesn't really apply to a lot of the games coming out.

Most games made for 360/PS3 wont appear on wii, simply because they can't.

lol i like the wii i mean i havent played it in a while but now that i got mp3 it will get some play time and ssbb is coming out this month that will equal more playtime.......the wii just isnt capable of playing most current gen games like the makers want them played the visuals arn't there...................yall heard about haze?????

it seems haze is only coming out for the ps3 now and maybe a year down the rd it will release for the 360 and pc.

Back
Top Bottom