NEw president!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudster, you're right the soviet union has been down for a long time now. Apparently someone is behind in the times or hasn't read a newspaper in awhile.

I highly doubt China would mess with us, especially considering the amount of imports we get from them because of corporations that have started expanding over there. North Korea did try to mess around, but I've heard they agreed to stop their nukes program. I think if Russia, China, UK, and N.America were to all be allies, nobody would want to try anything because that combined would be one huge superpower.

I think somebody needs to spend some time at the library or on google to do some fact checking. What I'd like to know is where you're getting the idea of WW4, if there hasn't been a WW3 why would there be a 4? This whole thread is kind of strange to me and doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I dunno, maybe I'm alone on this one.

dude get your facts right, the russians arent commys anymore, there aint going to be no ww3, besides, everybody in the world knows that America isnt really challenged millitary wise, we just need more personnel, without drafting.

offense or not that post is a bunch of crap, if you say im wrong than your iggnorant and need to get your facts right, no country is dumb enough to mess with the US, terrorists are because they dont have there own country that we can embargo and what not.

and russia's military is loosing strenght rapidly, they dont make subs anymore, the US does though, were the only ones really producing weapons like that.

before you go blabing on about ww3 know your facts. there wont be a ww3 in our lifetime, i dont care what anyone else says, unless korea or china is dumb enough to mess with us than no. i know china wont because we pay for everything they do, they do something with us, we move our econmy back here and place an embargo on them, simple. korea probably a bigger threat but with our bond between the russians slowly growing the russians should be on nato's side in a matter of a couple of years, :)
Right now you can embargo china if you want but there economy is growing rapidly with more and more chineese people becoming richer , If they had an economy that was strong enough to support them i would say they where the strongest country int eh world , largest army in the world and they make pretty much everything .
Also putting an Embargo on them and moving all production back to your own contry would damage your own economy , Most of the western world relys on china for producing things at a very cheap rate so if they suddenly had to increase production costs that would drive prices up then the consumer would be much poorer as they are spending more but earning less and your currency would pretty much loose value against all the other currencies and your economy would slowly die and then your country would turn into a police state cos everyone would resort to looting to get what they need , except your milatery would be away fighting a war in a distant country so the looting would go ahead and all the anarchy . your tourism industry would also be dead cos who wants to go to a country where people are looting
So tbh america or any other western VS china you have no chance IMO our econmies rely on them too mcuh for my liking

Any way i doubt there will every be a WW3 in my lifetime cos i dunno i think people realies if they start launching nukes left right and center everyone is gonna die nobody wins except the s4elect few with their nuclear bunkers . If ther is a WW3 with nukes then thats the end of the world simple as that

As for the whole free speach idea , there is no such thing as free speach IMO there are some things you just cannot say , if there was free speach it would cause far too many problems , There has to be lmits to what you can and cant say simple as
Round here david has the final say on what can and cant be said , mods usualy enforce it but david could very easily overturn a mods decision

I'm glad to see that the people here are somewhat involved with politics and seem to have developed arguments, for the most part.

The fact is that none of us truly know what could or will happen, but it is something that is interesting to debate about. Unfortunately, with or without a new president, the path of war that we are in at the moment, can not just be 'reversed' in my opinion.

Was the war a mistake, or was it profitable in some way? Well, that doesn't take much to think about.. but the fact is, its too late now to just 'pull out' and every presidential candidate knows that, I hope.

Old and rich men make the war... young and poor boys die in it.

Now, to throw a twist on this argument, who thinks a draft is close by? I myself can't be drafted (medical issues) but I'd like to see what everyone's opinion is on that.

I'm glad to see that the people here are somewhat involved with politics and seem to have developed arguments, for the most part.

The fact is that none of us truly know what could or will happen, but it is something that is interesting to debate about. Unfortunately, with or without a new president, the path of war that we are in at the moment, can not just be 'reversed' in my opinion.

Was the war a mistake, or was it profitable in some way? Well, that doesn't take much to think about.. but the fact is, its too late now to just 'pull out' and every presidential candidate knows that, I hope.

Now, to throw a twist on this argument, who thinks a draft is close by? I myself can't be drafted (medical issues) but I'd like to see what everyone's opinion is on that.

Firstly that is soo true but then thats life and we need to get used to it

I dont think we should pull out just like that , we need to fix iraq up now so we never get problems from them again
Then what , continue this amazing war on terror bush talks about , erm i doubt it cos he obviously realised its more work than he ever though , he proll ythought iraq would be a 5 minute job how wrong he was
If we just pull out of iraq i think all the money we have spent on this war would have been a waste , and it will be even worsse on the iraqi people cos the insurgents will use forcefull enlistment gain control of the country and build a massive army and start creating nukes

I don't think a draft is close. If it were to happen, a lot of people would be angry. I myself would refuse to be drafted and probably leave the country. I refuse to serve in a war that's honestly not worth fighting. The people in the US have high disapproval for congress at the moment (less than 20 percent) and if something like this were to happen I think those politicians would probably be in deep trouble.

Don't get me wrong I like my country and I see nothing wrong with fighting for your freedom, I just don't believe this war is worth fighting and I will not take part in it, I refuse to be drafted. I feel this war was based on false information and now we're fighting for (in my opinion) something that doesn't really concern us (Iraq). I'd rather give up my citizenship and go to Canada or the UK than fight in a war shouldn't have even been fought in the first place. I don't believe that sending young men and women off to war against their will is the answer, we should've thought of these problems BEFORE we went to war, not several years later.

Living in the UK means unless they bring back national service or a World war does break out I or any other civi will not being getting drafted, I tried to get involved when I was 17 when I tried to enlist in the army but got knocked back for medical reasons, going back to the nuclear weapons I don't think any country should have them with maybe the exception of of the organization NASA as they might be necessary for the planets defense should a large rogue meteorite become on a collision course with Earth, these weapons might prove to be our only form of Defense.(a wild guess nothing more)

As for Iraq we must never allow another Saddam Hussein/Adolf Hitler type person to come to power and build armies for destroying peace and mercifully killing the innocent people who oppose there regime, these people must be stopped immediately before there brainwashing spreads out, We must help the countries affected like Iraq but also be able to let them run it without seeming to be taking over, there Heritage and culture must remain intact, and not be changed to our way of life, we after all did invade there country even if to help them but that still does not give us the right to alter there way of life to suit ours.

I don't think a draft is close. If it were to happen, a lot of people would be angry. I myself would refuse to be drafted and probably leave the country. I refuse to serve in a war that's honestly not worth fighting. The people in the US have high disapproval for congress at the moment (less than 20 percent) and if something like this were to happen I think those politicians would probably be in deep trouble.

Don't get me wrong I like my country and I see nothing wrong with fighting for your freedom, I just don't believe this war is worth fighting and I will not take part in it, I refuse to be drafted. I feel this war was based on false information and now we're fighting for (in my opinion) something that doesn't really concern us (Iraq). I'd rather give up my citizenship and go to Canada or the UK than fight in a war shouldn't have even been fought in the first place. I don't believe that sending young men and women off to war against their will is the answer, we should've thought of these problems BEFORE we went to war, not several years later.
I agree that this war realy is not worth it however i do not think we should pull out cos then the insurgents will gain power and cause more problems for the US and UK than saddam ever did , then we will be forced into a war so sort the problem now properly and it wont come bacl later

Personaly i dont think a new presidnet or leader is going to just instantly fix all the problems , a lot of the problems are terrorists carrying out suicide bomvs etc and they dont just hat e Bush they hat the whole western world so a new leader wont sort this ,And whats to say a new leader isnt gonna have some bad policies people disagree with , politicians cant please all the people all of the time

Personaly if i wanted to do some good for my country i wouldnt join the army cos you are just sent off to a foriegn country to ruin the lives of others cos of a minority that live in their country , if i wanted to make a difference i would join the police force , that way you help the people in your country

As insane as you perceive people around the world to be, dudemcbob0876, they are not willing to engage in a balls out thermonuclear war.
For in the end no body wins and everybody looses...

muz they have the manpower but not the technolgy. they have the old russian tech that hasnt been updated since the commy(no offense intended just shortening it ;)) government was overthrown.

also you cant win a war without control of the air, they dont have anything that can compare to our air force ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom