Is DDR memory really out of date?

$3000.......I definitely don't have that kind of money...I work at Target and go to college, so it's a little hard for me to come up with a lot of money fast. I might have to look at those double core processors...damn, then I have to get a whole new mobo, but meh, I'll just take my time.

I could probably save up enough. I heard AMD cpus are better for gaming, is this true?

$3000.......I definitely don't have that kind of money...I work at Target and go to college, so it's a little hard for me to come up with a lot of money fast. I might have to look at those double core processors...damn, then I have to get a whole new mobo, but meh, I'll just take my time.

I could probably save up enough. I heard AMD cpus are better for gaming, is this true?

Thats all i did , i bought the cpu mobo and ram , now i am saving for a new GPU .

If you had seious money to spend NO amd's are not better for gaming you would wanna buy an intel Core 2 duo or even quad
However when you are on a budget i would say go AMD any day cos there dual core processors are realy cheap and they are supposed to overclock pretty well
So if you are on a budget most definatly go AMD i did and it didnt dissapoint me

Erm well i havent been paying much attention to what Chipsets are good for AMD i just bought this as a rushed decision and i will prolly end up getting something better in about 4 months with more sata ports
Maybe someone else can help with motherboards cos i dont know what would be good

If you can wait until DDR3 is cheaper, this will probably be a better deal, since motherboards will either do DDR2 or DDR3.
When prices drop, DDR3 is going to reign over DDR2, as it offers more speed (yet this hasn't been great yet) so I wouldn't bother buying a new motherboard yet, just to work with an older system.
Wait until you can afford more parts, and then maybe go for DDR3, depending on your budget.

The rate computer parts come out... about 6 months give or take a few?

Back
Top Bottom