NEw president!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudemcbob0876, there's a reason you have to be 18 to vote. You're not mature enough and you really don't know enough to make an informed decision...

Then again, 75% of the population doesn't even follow politics. If anything, that will be the downfall of the U.S.

it's not called nuclear Armageddon for nothing you know.

and in case you hadn't realised world war three already started, except it's not fought with drawn out battle lines and everyone wearing uniforms and buying weapons,

people are doing what they can, they fight for their country and their god. they steal planes and use them, they tie bombs to themselves and blow up trains and cars etc.

and in retaliation the other side pretend like their playing by the book and invade countries and levy sanctions, and become and occupying force. kill civilians and drive the hatred deeper causing more attacks in this unorganized attacks.

apocalyptic view yes, but I don't see it changing in my lifetime,

I live in Britain, I was born in 1982, shortly after the Falklands war, I've never known 'peace' in my lifetime, there has always been the army of my country at war with someone. and yet in the same time I've never known war either. I live an easy life with little hardship.

and as for missile shield allowing you to do what you want...
1, the only country openly developing a missile shield is USA
2, missile shields don't work against commuter planes,
3, missile shields don't work against bombs that detonate above a country showering waste onto that place.
4, missile shields don't prevent suicide bombs or stuff like that -I mean how many drugs and illegal immigrants are currently in America! now what if those drugs were explosives and the illegal immigrants suicide bombers.

a fresh new president won't change a thing,
the damage is pretty much done... just life what you can till you die, and if you're lucky, you'll get to die naturally.

the only way to avoid war is to make sure everyone puts down their weapons.
until that happens the best way to avoid war is a good old fashion Mexican standoff. we all stand completely still pointing guns at each other, except they're nukes, rather than six shooters.

very,very well said, rep for that i espically like the "just life what you can till you die, and if you're lucky, you'll get to die naturally."

but we have a polIcy of freedom of speech at CF

So that explains why half of the New Server thread was deleted then? My my, free speech and all. Half of it did an amazing disappearing act after you were, yet again, kindly asked to refer to the rules regarding double posting. So if that was free speech then my brother is Claudia Schiffer.

Back on topic. Kim Jong Il is stopping North Korea's nuclear work by the end of this year, and other countries like Libya have already terminated their nuclear ambitions in recent years.

If you want to start taking bets on the next country to carry out a successful nuclear test and not stop after that, I would happily put £5 on Iran.

Even the Iranians would not be stupid enough to use them, they are too close to Iraq and Saudi Arabia, as well as the UAE. Nobody in the region, apart from somewhere like Syria, would support or condone the use of nuclear weapons. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not in total control of Iran, they have a lot of Islamic clerics who effectively run the show and one of them has issued a fatwa against nuclear weapons meaning, effectively, Iran can only use its nuclear facilities for civilian electricity generation.

the new server thread was heavily pruned because I didn't think that all that arguing over Muz's avatar and brookfields double posting didn't belong there.

there is no free speech policy here, it's a closed community, membership might be free, but we kick people out all the time.

most countries couldn't give a rats about nukes, they are expensive to develop, generate negative interest and are not the sort of thing that you have just lying around.

whilst the 11 countries who have nukes can keep making them, anyone else even researching them gets shown as some sort of war mongering villain.

there is some funny video somewhere on youtube about mutual annihilation. can't find it at the moment though.

there is no free speech policy here, it's a closed community, membership might be free, but we kick people out all the time.

That is entirely fair enough, thank you for clarifying that instead of Brookfield's maybe yay, maybe nay approach to things.

As for that video... I thought I knew the one you meant but I cannot find it either. Nukes are expensive to develop and extremely expensive to maintain, which is why half of the USSR weapons arsenal sits rusting away in the Barents Sea these days.

What were North Korea thinking? Their nuclear test was a joke. They managed to get something half the size of Hiroshima even with a lot of foreign help.

I say a youn president that will help us prevent a ww3. ww3 is coming soon.(china, russia, korea vs. nato) But I say ww3 or ww4 if it comes is going to be a nuclear war. I say united states and china are main superpowers. we will win after many years of fighting. and, it will have some battles faought on us soil. I try to not think about it but it looks like it is right around the corner. russia in the next decade will have the most nuclear submarines then the whole world combined, china will have the best economy soon surpassing america and the european union. korea will fall easily. us still pisses the world off. i hope the next president turns this thing around. we need a new youn president. OBAMA!!!!!

dude get your facts right, the russians arent commys anymore, there aint going to be no ww3, besides, everybody in the world knows that America isnt really challenged millitary wise, we just need more personnel, without drafting.

offense or not that post is a bunch of crap, if you say im wrong than your iggnorant and need to get your facts right, no country is dumb enough to mess with the US, terrorists are because they dont have there own country that we can embargo and what not.

and russia's military is loosing strenght rapidly, they dont make subs anymore, the US does though, were the only ones really producing weapons like that.

before you go blabing on about ww3 know your facts. there wont be a ww3 in our lifetime, i dont care what anyone else says, unless korea or china is dumb enough to mess with us than no. i know china wont because we pay for everything they do, they do something with us, we move our econmy back here and place an embargo on them, simple. korea probably a bigger threat but with our bond between the russians slowly growing the russians should be on nato's side in a matter of a couple of years, :)

To a certain extent there is free speech here, but in reality this is a privately owned forum, which has certain rules that must be followed in order to stay a member here. In reality, David could pretty much kick anyone out that he wanted to if he felt like it. But usually unless it's a rules violation he most likely wouldn't.

For instance on my other forum FocusFanatics, there's a rule that you're not supposed to post stories about street racing and exceeding speed limits, because it reflects badly on the website. You can argue about how street racing isn't bad all you want (and be wrong, lol), but you will still be banned. Now if you went outside on public property you could say whatever you feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom