New comp build

t0ny

Beta member
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor - 2.40GHz, 8MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Kentsfield, Quad-Core, OEM, Socket 775, HH80562PH0568M, Processor
$289.99

Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory (2 x 1024)
$109.99

Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P. Memory (2 x 1024)
$109.99

XFX nForce 650i Ultra NVIDA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID
$109.99

Seagate / 320GB / 7200 / 16MB / SATA-300 / OEM / Hard Drive
$89.99

Lite-On Super-Multi LH20A1H Lightscribe DVD Burner - 20x DVD±R Burn, 16x DVD±R Read, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD±R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, Internal, Black-Beige
$39.99

Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Full-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports
$79.99

Apevia / Beast Power / 680-Watt / ATX / Triple Fan / Active PFC / Aluminum / SLI-Ready / SATA Ready / Blue Sleeve / Power Supply
$129.99

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card
$534.99

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit DSP OEM DVD
$199.99

+
Acer AL2216WBD 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Ultra-fast 5ms, WSXGA+ 1680x1050, DVI, VGA, Black, VESA 100mm
$250
and another $50 for keyboard and mouse.

All in total its $1945 (all of the items are from www.tigerdirect.com so go there and search the item if you need to see anything:D

Do all of those parts fits together etc, ive look myself and so far as i can see everything fits together.

on the DVD-ROM and DVD thing i had no clue what i was picking there so if someone could help me there.

will the cooling for the system be alright nothing will over heat or anything right?

now 200 dollars for a OP is quite alot I think, So maybe should i try and download it and burn it on to a cd or something, I could ask my step dad in sweden to download it for me and put it on a cd and send it to me (im in usa) lol

another Q.
Im a total noob when it comes to building etc and shit so i was wondering does anyone have like a guide on how to build a pc and put all the items together etc.

Thanks in advance to all those helpers which will hopefully help me:)

build a computer? dont risk if you dont know get someone to help you plus i dont think there is a heat problem there

If your going to go for the quad core, make it the g0 step, as many places don't charge anything more for it, and yet, it offers less heat to your system, running cooler.

For that amount, it doesn't seem like a bad system at all. Though, I personally wouldn't choose Vista yet, since a lot of the programs I use wouldn't work.

All the parts would fit as far as I can tell. Definietly a learning experience if you haven't done it before :)

If your going to go for the quad core, make it the g0 step, as many places don't charge anything more for it, and yet, it offers less heat to your system, running cooler.

I didnt quite understand that:S sorry

what do you mean?

Its basically a new revision of the Quad Core which is cooler than the B3 stepping that came before it.
It consumes less power to run, and so, delivers less heat, and as a result runs cooler.

Many sites now list it next to the original Quad Core as a seperate processor.

You might want to hook yourself up with some WC if you are going to OC, and get the 680i chipset, the A1 model. It is much better for OCing than the 650i.

Its basically a new revision of the Quad Core which is cooler than the B3 stepping that came before it.
It consumes less power to run, and so, delivers less heat, and as a result runs cooler.

Many sites now list it next to the original Quad Core as a seperate processor.

I looked on tigerdirect.com and it had the Q6600 and an exact same title below it costing 2x more, is that one it?

Why not get the Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz for $299 on newegg.com instead of Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor - 2.40GHz? I mean yes it's a Quead..etc, but right now there is almost no games, maybe very little programs that use all 4 cores…and I am very sure the games that will be coming out for the next year will mainly be using no more then 2 cores. I mean look on the bright side of getting the E6850 It haz 3.0GHZ, you can @ much more then the 2.4 and FSB is 1333MHz.

Just something to think about :D

+ Prob in a year some new crazy processor will come out that will leave the E6850 and Q6600 in the dust and most of us will have to upgrade again. hehehe

Ah ok ill take that into consideration:p does anyone have a good guide on how to build a computer etc, i know how to put together some of the parts etc from vids, but some things im un sure about. iv tried to find a good guide but cant.:(

Back
Top Bottom